Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the Match Discussion (Merged Threads)

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Lopez was spot on with his passes. Not all the players read the forward play well enough. Bruno was good, but didn't look up at crucial opportunities.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
You've got to feel sorry for our traditional boo-boys, and the classless 'you don't know what you're doing' chanters.

It would seem we no longer have to 'quality' of player who's life you can make a misery, while making yourself feel 'well 'ard'.

SD would have been the difference between the teams, if the Albion could score.

Thought the north stand really let themselves down today with that chant. I agree with those who have previously posted that Spanish Dave has taken over from Ashley Barnes as the target for the boo boys. If you can't get behind the team its best to keep quiet.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Thought the north stand really let themselves down today with that chant. I agree with those who have previously posted that Spanish Dave has taken over from Ashley Barnes as the target for the boo boys. If you can't get behind the team its best to keep quiet.

Dont waste your time pal. If a player cant hoof the ball forwards and rugby tackle they are no good to our team that like to pass and keep the ball on the floor!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It must be fantastic being you? You always have the right perspective, your pinion is always right, I bet your :shit: even smells of roses.

What I would have liked from Lopez today was at least one table where he didn't waft his foot at the ball, a show of intent, desire and fire. He was floating around playing his little sorry passes and flicks. There's a time and a place for it, we needed some cut and thrust today and he was never going to provide it.
I feel sorry for you that you can never appreciate that someone else had a different opinion without replying in your self righteous holier than thou manner.
Charging head down at a solid well organised midfield would have got us nowhere today.

Had Lopez spent his afternoon kicking players up in the air showing intent desire and fire, he and Bruno wouldn't have been carving Wigan open, at will.

Had Ulloa controlled the exquisite 'over the shoulder' through ball in the first half, would you be so down on SD right now?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
The reaction when the MoM was announced was embarassing. Dave had his best game for ages and I think really only Bruno would have been a marginally better candidate.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The reaction when the MoM was announced was embarassing. Dave had his best game for ages and I think really only Bruno would have been a marginally better candidate.

This, pathetic reaction from some in the North.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lopez was good first half, Stephens had his best game for us by miles and kept going for 90 minutes. So Stephens for me.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A constant observation from our viewing point is that Spanish Dave can pass amongst the best, but in a dogfight he dances and skips like Bambi. I would also like to see him take on players more. The only player we currently have who does such is Kaz. Simply we need more players to progress WITH the ball, not just by intricate passes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A constant observation from our viewing point is that Spanish Dave can pass amongst the best, but in a dogfight he dances and skips like Bambi. I would also like to see him take on players more. The only player we currently have who does such is Kaz. Simply we need more players to progress WITH the ball, not just by intricate passes.

The saddest part on this is when Ince gets the ball and goes forward like a colossus he cannot decide on the final ball but hopefully as he gets more experienced this will happen.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Charging head down at a solid well organised midfield would have got us nowhere today.

Had Lopez spent his afternoon kicking players up in the air showing intent desire and fire, he and Bruno wouldn't have been carving Wigan open, at will.

Had Ulloa controlled the exquisite 'over the shoulder' through ball in the first half, would you be so down on SD right now?
Try and spin it however you like, but don't start making stuff up. Iv didn't say I wanted him charging at Wigan with his head down, just that I wanted to see him play with some fire in his belly and not be a complete pussy when it comes to tackling. There is a difference between kicking players up in the air and playing with a bit of commitment.
I must also confess that I did not see him carving Wigan open at will, surely not a bit of an exaggeration on your behalf to suit your argument?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Probably best to leave the singing to the rowdy West Stand .

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The only player on the field with real vision, put Ulloa away a treat in the first half, unfortunately Leo failed to control the ball when he was through. Reference his tackling, I refer to Brian Cloughs comments on Alan Hinton. Dave MOM by a mile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Try and spin it however you like, but don't start making stuff up. Iv didn't say I wanted him charging at Wigan with his head down, just that I wanted to see him play with some fire in his belly and not be a complete pussy when it comes to tackling. There is a difference between kicking players up in the air and playing with a bit of commitment.
I must also confess that I did not see him carving Wigan open at will, surely not a bit of an exaggeration on your behalf to suit your argument?
I wonder what SD pass completion percentage was today?

Him and Bruno playing in tandem spent a lot of the first half linking up and creating space for each other, in front of the South West.
When the play was switched to Ward, it was SD that played the pass.
Once again Had Ulloa controlled the exquisite 'over the shoulder' through ball in the first half, would you be so down on SD right now? It was the pass of the game.

SD game is not and NEVER HAS BEEN about tackling, why must he suddenly become a player he isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here