Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City sell out !!!!

Hi guys. City fan for 45 years. Great to see you back and wish you good luck for the season . Think you'll do well as you play good football and have a sound manager. Looking forward to first trip down since Goldstone Ground days. Any tips for decent Ale before and after? And good banter with home fans. Train gets in at 11.45 so plenty of time to enjoy the day. Cheers

The Bath Arms does a Joseph Holt but dont expect Sinclairs prices though!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
South Lanes?

Yes. Note the lack of capitals. the phrase is presented as a common noun and not a proper noun- thus describing the vicinity in a generalised way and giving it no proper title.

*.......Hopes he got away with it*

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Kippax Streeter

Aug 1, 2017
You really can't go far wrong around the Brighton Station area. Just picking a few names quickly: Battle of Trafalgar, Prince Albert, Sussex Yeoman, Lord Nelson, Duke of Wellington and The Evening Star. Probably not the Railway Bell though.

What I don't know is how pubs will be towards away fans in town this season. Most of the time, away fans are welcome in any pubs, although I can recall a few Championship games when some went "home only".

Same pubs for after, but we have always kept all concourses open after matches and home and away fans are free to go anywhere they like. It's worth having a pint or two to allow the Falmer -> Brighton train queue to die down a bit. The club have no suggested that these mixed concourse rules are going to change this season.

Thanks. That's really helpful. Cheers

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Hi guys. City fan for 45 years. Great to see you back and wish you good luck for the season . Think you'll do well as you play good football and have a sound manager. Looking forward to first trip down since Goldstone Ground days. Any tips for decent Ale before and after? And good banter with home fans. Train gets in at 11.45 so plenty of time to enjoy the day. Cheers

Plenty of time for decent drinks around all the already mentioned pubs, even better being a 5:30 kick off but don't rely on making kick off by getting on the train back to Falmer an hour before the game
Best of leaving town centre an hour before kick off and getting a taxi, you'll ruin your day queuing at Brighton station

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ale is okay in the ground however it's in Plastic there a bar outside the ground next to the Stage and club shop no toilets though.
Plenty of good ale in Pubs around Brighton but don't leave it to late to get to the ground unless you take the advice a get a taxi.
Lewes is a good place to drink.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I've just received a text from the club saying just 200 seats remain for this game.

Yep, seems like they've opened disabled areas to all and quite a few group cancellations and/or tickets held back that have been declined are now available.

Won't be long for the exchange then presumably.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's like they've got some sort of database or something, cos - ME TOOOOOO!!!!

Ha ha, I posted it, because there may be people who want to go, but have seen the title of Sell Out, and won't bother trying. Maybe a mod could alter the title?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm sure they will sell eventually but does make you wonder, if people are put off by the prices for the FIRST GAME what will happen if we're stinking the place out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What makes me wonder is how people keep conjuring up this debate without reading the contents of the thread. The game has sold out probably in double digits by now based on availability online and by phone, however the club are continually releasing areas that were previously unavailable, either from reduced segregation or group cancellations. Then there are the wheelchair access areas and family sections where limitations on purchase are removed the closer we are to the event.

The significance of the notification we just received is presumably all but 200 seats are now paid up, and therefore will be categorically the last available before the exchange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here