Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man blubbing - should I be ashamed or not?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'm 39, and not one to show my emotions a great deal.

Something in my head clicked half way through Nessun Dorma earlier, whilst thinking about the Goldstone, the 14 year wait and everything, and I started blubbing like a baby.

Should I be ashamed or proud?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mr D, finally in touch with your feminine side!

I think there were thousands with you. Samrah aside (stand further on the pitch and your mike works man!) the whole build up was great. Loved all of it. Legends, Dick and Tony, Band, Tenor. Brilliant.

Could have done with a bit more from Gullys Girls but I guess I can wait until next week for that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was very close at one point. The minutes silence was excellent and it was followed with Abide With Me. The last time I heard it was my Nans funeral - she had a season ticket up to age 83! Had lots of fond memories and the occasion got to me!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I'm 39, and not one to show my emotions a great deal.

Something in my head clicked half way through Nessun Dorma earlier, whilst thinking about the Goldstone, the 14 year wait and everything, and I started blubbing like a baby.

Should I be ashamed or proud?

NOT AT ALL ! - the whole build up today was highly emotive, inevitably much more for some than others.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No I cried during nessun dorma too, luckily I had my sun glasses on so no one could see !
I think it finally dawned on me that this was it, we could finally relax and say we've done it, we're home, and seeing the 3 blokes who made it reality standing there in the middle made me bulb a little.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Were you the bloke I saw in a pink Brighton shirt today? You big p*ff! Just kidding. It would have been emotional if the PA system hadnt kept cutting out!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I had to really grit my teeth at one point to stop the big girly tears from flowing. Luckily I remembered I had a pair of bollocks and a backbone so didn't cry like a baby.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here