Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Males singing like girls

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I find Sam Smith to be the absolute worst - all forced 'emotion' in an extremely annoying high pitched voice - just have to hit the off button whenever I hear it!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think there is a world of difference between a naturally occurring high pitched male vocal, and those that are literally busting a nut to get there

Everyone has a natural range and I am aware that voices can be trained to increase that. Those lucky enough to be able to hold a note when singing within that sounds natural and quite pleasant on the ear.

Those that try to sing outside that end up screeching which to me at least is akin to fingernails on blackboards

The X-Factor factor (or any of these "talent" shows) if you like, where some barely competent pub singer screeches out a note an octave higher than nature ever intended them to reach for as long as they can manage drives the audience into a frenzy of applause and whopping and hollering constantly bamboozles me.They must end up with a throat feeling like they have been chewing on razor blades, whilst causing ears to bleed across the land.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The Mrs loves that **** Sam Smith, banging on about what a beautiful voice he has.
I think he's a ****.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Bit harsh to call it a girl's voice but Rush had a stellar career with Geddy Lee high pitched vocals.

I always liked Rush, but Geddy's 'squawk' was something of an acquired taste!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think there is a world of difference between a naturally occurring high pitched male vocal, and those that are literally busting a nut to get there

Everyone has a natural range and I am aware that voices can be trained to increase that. Those lucky enough to be able to hold a note when singing within that sounds natural and quite pleasant on the ear.

Those that try to sing outside that end up screeching which to me at least is akin to fingernails on blackboards

The X-Factor factor (or any of these "talent" shows) if you like, where some barely competent pub singer screeches out a note an octave higher than nature ever intended them to reach for as long as they can manage drives the audience into a frenzy of applause and whopping and hollering constantly bamboozles me.They must end up with a throat feeling like they have been chewing on razor blades, whilst causing ears to bleed across the land.

At last someone GETS what I started the thread about! Of course there are singers with a great range, or great falsetto voices, but most of these modern pop stars have weak voices to start with but still insist on going all high pitched in sections of the song. Fecking annoying :smile:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

One of the most original, brilliant, bonkers songs and performances ever - I still remember the shock and awe of seeing this on Top of the Pops.

I assumed they were a one-hit wonder novelty act, but they are - now in their 70s - still going strong; their 2017 album Hippopotamus is as good and original as any of their mid-1970s albums, with brilliant and catchy melodies and quirky lyrics; somehow fresh and original, but still recognisably Sparks

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Mrs loves that **** Sam Smith, banging on about what a beautiful voice he has.
I think he's a ****.

You're right, and your missus is wrong :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here