Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malcolm Tucker as Doctor Who?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree with Coogan comment except for Saxondale. Now that could be very funny at times.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I have always wanted to see Dylan Moran in the role.

Oh, now that would be good. Never really watched Doctor Who since I was a kid in the 80s, but will check out Capaldi in the role, and would definitely do the same if Dylan Moran did it. A permanently drunk Time Lord, that'd be worth a watch.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thoughts from anyone who watched tonight on the big reveal of who Missy is?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Haven't been watching for a while now, just not been arsed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Thoughts from anyone who watched tonight on the big reveal of who Missy is?
I thought that the big reveal would be who it was but I had it pegged as Clara so got that wrong. I dunno, all seemed a bit rushed, maybe it will hang together a bit better if there's a bit of exposition next week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I thought that the big reveal would be who it was but I had it pegged as Clara so got that wrong. I dunno, all seemed a bit rushed, maybe it will hang together a bit better if there's a bit of exposition next week.

I didn't think it would be what it was, although I did think that the Doc putting his hand on the chest and realising what was there was significant - I just thought it was another one.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I didn't think it would be what it was, although I did think that the Doc putting his hand on the chest and realising what was there was significant - I just thought it was another one.
Yeah, when I realised it was female I changed my original lineof thinking to another also :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A very interesting turn of events. It's been an excellent series overall, some very strong episodes coupled with a brilliant Doctor in Capaldi. I do hope this doesn't pave the way for a female Doctor though. Without being sexist the Doctor is just NOT a woman!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
A very interesting turn of events. It's been an excellent series overall, some very strong episodes coupled with a brilliant Doctor in Capaldi. I do hope this doesn't pave the way for a female Doctor though. Without being sexist the Doctor is just NOT a woman!

Moffat said that the only time the doctor is played by a woman, will be when the queen is played by a man.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I have to say, much as I like Capaldi as the Doctor, I think this series has been the worst written since Who returned to TV. It's a shame because before he took over as show-runner Steven Moffat had written some of the best episodes going but I just don't think he should be in charge of the show overall.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have to say, much as I like Capaldi as the Doctor, I think this series has been the worst written since Who returned to TV. It's a shame because before he took over as show-runner Steven Moffat had written some of the best episodes going but I just don't think he should be in charge of the show overall.

The moon being a giant egg waiting to hatch and then lay another egg was a bit too far fetched.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Each to their own I suppose. For my money despite some fantastic episodes mixed into the run Series 2 had some real duff stories.

So far:

Deep Breath: 7, a good solid opener. Post-regeneration stories are always difficult but this was handled with care and delivered with precision.
Into the Dalek: 8, after over 20 meetings with the things you have to shake it up a bit to keep them fresh and that was done very well here.
Robot of Sherwood: 5, okay this one was rather lame but it still had it's moments. Anyone else spot the picture of Patrick Troughton as Robin Hood?
Listen: 9, absolutely superb. Taught, tense and with a few plot threads left dangling, this one will keep us coming back.
Time Heist: 7, Listen was a tough act to follow but Heist was enjoyable without being exceptional.
The Caretaker: 7.5, another good'un. Entertaining but I was crying out for Ian to show up at some point.
Kill the Moon: 6, yes the egg idea was a highly unsatisfying conclusion but up to that point it'd been a good episode. Reminiscent of 'The Power of Three', first 2/3 fine, ending they may not have bothered with. Plus the kid was horribly stereotyped: "I'm bored", what? On a time-travelling spaceship, on the moon, right after getting attacked by giant killer spiders?
Mummy on the Orient Express: 7, I was expecting your bog standard filler but MOE kept me interested with a good premise for the monster and a well constructed episode.
Flatline: 8, loved this one. Great concept, good monsters and some funny moments with the shrunken TARDIS.
In the Forest of the Night: 3, well its not Doctor Who without the traditionally shit ones every now and again.
Dark Water: 8, I'll be able to better judge it once we have the conclusion but this was a refreshingly slower paced penultimate episode.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
This series is my favorite since Matt's first. This maybe because we have had a run of episodes rather than the whole split series nonsense and the arc isn't to over powering like some years, just enough teases but not distracting from the other stories. Like say the River Song arc.
The Forest one was the clunker but every Doctor's era has had an awful episode. I enjoyed the Robin Hood one, they always use to have a token historical one early in the series.
It was a shame that they couldn't keep the Cybermen identity hidden as it would been a great 'Earthshock' moment, but recreating the 'Invasion' outside St. Paul's was always going to reveal them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Time for moffatt to go frankly. He peaked at the 50th anniv special. Capaldi has been let down by some bad scripts and he master being a woman yawn. Last we saw john simm was pushing james bond back to the void so how was he abandoned? Susan now you are talking.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've liked Capaldi's performances, but I've not liked the direction they took the relationship with Clara, specifically the doctors seeming ignorance of human behaviour. He has been mean and dark, and crazy and whimsical in the past, but there was always a sense he understood humans. That he seemingly doesn't any more is quite jarring for me.

I also feel like they have downplayed his role in a lot of episodes, putting the focus on Clara more, as if they aren't convinced Capaldi will appeal to the younger sections of the audience.

I didn't really like Danny Pink until the forest episode. I think they were trying too hard to make him a good guy. And I didn't really feel like his relationship with Clara has the gravity it needs because they largely rushed over their courtship, and he is rarely with them on their adventures, so he feels very much an afterthought, so Clara's feelings toward him seem hollow.

The episodes have been largely hit and miss for me, often at the same time, with bits I like bits I don't.

I'm going to wait for the second part to see how they explain Missy and everything that has gone on before judging it.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Mr Pink needs to go and never return. How could our Clara ever fall for such a lemon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here