Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
If you check that picture of the passports you can see they are all the same (Dutch). Is it not conceivable that they were all stored together by say a teacher with a school party? Also (I don't know this as I don't fly) but is it possible for Dutch crew to be manning a Malaysian plane? If it is then they could be the passports of the crew which were perhaps securely stored together?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Any reporter worth his salt going to the site of a plane crash, an explosion in a building or any disaster will always carry a child's doll or shoe, a gift wrapped parcel or a few passports.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There is a report (officially denied) on RT that a plane containing Putin returning from Brazil was in the area at about the same time. Did the Ukrainians shoot down the wrong one? Just as plausible as all the other conspiracy theories?

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
There is a report (officially denied) on RT that a plane containing Putin returning from Brazil was in the area at about the same time. Did the Ukrainians shoot down the wrong one? Just as plausible as all the other conspiracy theories?

By the sounds of local Russian social media at the time, the rebels stated they had shot down a Ukranian cargo plane. Sadly, it looks like they got the wrong plane. This is the most probable cause, a massive cock up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Not completely impossible.

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 295, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.

“I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft – 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.

33.jpg

If you check that picture of the passports you can see they are all the same (Dutch). Is it not conceivable that they were all stored together by say a teacher with a school party? Also (I don't know this as I don't fly) but is it possible for Dutch crew to be manning a Malaysian plane? If it is then they could be the passports of the crew which were perhaps securely stored together?
Malaysian and Dutch carrier KLM share route numbers, so I am guessing Dutch pilots would fly said planes.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The crew were all Malaysian, according to the BBC.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Malaysian and Dutch carrier KLM share route numbers, so I am guessing Dutch pilots would fly said planes.

Pretty much never the case. Airline that own (or finance) the plane supply the pilots even in a joint venture or franchise operation 99% of the time - and this is just a codeshare, nothing more. Lots of pilots in Asia are European but you wouldn't get an entire widebody crew from one European country usually.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not really. the same outlet that spun the story retracted it, saying Putins plane doesnt fly over Ukraine (pretty obvious reasons). the original story is unattributed and the time difference is over half an hour, and while the planes are considered to look similar one has 4 engines and the other 2 - if you can tell the colours you can bloody well tell how many engines its got. no, this story was spun out off Russia to set of the nutters, i think that the purpose of half RT's output.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Do you have a life? Married? Job? Kids? Anything at all going on other than reading conspiracy websites and frantically searching for the first conspiracy theory you can find when anything pops up in the news?

its trying to make sense of a random world. the concept of conflicting motivations, and the sheer volume of peoples actions that affect others, is difficult to grasp for some. they need rationalisation, some people cannot accept due to whatever reason, that the world is uncontrollable and there isn't a script.

once upon a time religion would have filled this void. this tapping the nose and saying i know something you dont fools, is just a modern solution to an age old problem, for some.

its trying to make sense of a random world. the concept of conflicting motivations, and the sheer volume of peoples actions that affect others, is difficult to grasp for some. they need rationalisation, some people cannot accept due to whatever reason, that the world is uncontrollable and there isn't a script.

once upon a time religion would have filled this void. this tapping the nose and saying i know something you dont fools, is just a modern solution to an age old problem, for some.

Sums it up better than me calling him a ****wit I think.

Dec 29, 2011
Russia will be in deep shit now if this turns out to be their doing

Just like America would be in deep shit if they shot down an Iranian passenger plane and killed 290 people? These governments do what they want and don't give a shit about the 99% of people with no power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here