Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Getting back on topic

according to reports passengers belongings have been looted.

im not sure you can get any lower than that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Getting back on topic

according to reports passengers belongings have been looted.

im not sure you can get any lower than that.

The soldiers were filmed looking through the personal effects of people. It's pretty morbid, and you could certainly argue disrespectful, although it would need to be done by somebody, it's a natural thing to do.

Moreover, the media are reporting this as some kind of defilement of the dead, but yesterday I watched in horror as a SKY Journo went into a suitcase, picked up a child's toy and held it to the camera adding, "this is clearly a young girls case", rifled through a few other bits in the case, before saying, "actually, we probably shouldn't be doing this".

If you are talking about actual items being stolen, I haven't heard of that happening.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The soldiers were filmed looking through the personal effects of people. It's pretty morbid, and you could certainly argue disrespectful, although it would need to be done by somebody, it's a natural thing to do.

Moreover, the media are reporting this as some kind of defilement of the dead, but yesterday I watched in horror as a SKY Journo went into a suitcase, picked up a child's toy and held it to the camera adding, "this is clearly a young girls case", rifled through a few other bits in the case, before saying, "actually, we probably shouldn't be doing this".

If you are talking about actual items being stolen, I haven't heard of that happening.

did you see the shot of 3 or 4 bottles of famous grouse all assembled within inches of eachother.....curious...!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It's about time Angela Merkel got more involved. The one European leader Putin might just listen to.

Russia needs the west more than the west needs Russia.

So what if gas prices have to go up? IF it's proven that the Russian backed militants are responsible, then Europe, as a whole, has to stand together and act.

I would challenge that Russia needs the West. I think there could be a rapprochement with China, after all there are hardly the dialectical differences over Stalin/Mao these days.

Looking ominously more like "1984" three decades later..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What do people make of the Ukrainian President?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If this is true then the description "Untermensch" can rightfully be applied to the looters.

applying that term to slavic peoples is a bit dodgy to be fair.

according to people who need to sell papers and news streams belongings have been looted. could well be they are looking for documentation and identification, they are hardly just going to leave stuff lying around eh.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

according to people who need to sell papers and news streams belongings have been looted. could well be they are looking for documentation and identification, they are hardly just going to leave stuff lying around eh.

I did say "if true". These aren't soldiers, they are lowlife goons that have been plucked off the streets and handed Kalashnikovs and bottles of vodka.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Freely elected, trying to save Eastern Ukraine from Russian invaders? Tell us the real story

I mean, he has recently been on TV quite a bit, what do people make of him?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

Quite right , also they said the bodies had disappeared ?? it is correct into a refrigerated train in black bags with labels on , not so bad after all , at least it's four days less decomposed , perhaps they are normal human beings after all ?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
And why is he doing that?

Don't know can't understand it , even when there was uproar in the East and Crimea at the coup in Kiev the Prime Minister (as the President wasn't elected then) didn't even visit them to ask their feelings or found out what there opinions were , not even one member of parliament . So it was only going one way from then unfortunately .

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not a lot considering him shelling his own people . The Prime Minister is just as bad .

Oh wait, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, the PM, that is who I meant.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Don't know can't understand it , even when there was uproar in the East and Crimea at the coup in Kiev the Prime Minister (as the President wasn't elected then) didn't even visit them to ask their feelings or found out what there opinions were , not even one member of parliament . So it was only going one way from then unfortunately .

How do you feel about Putin's involvement in this incident

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here