Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MALACHI DAVIES - should he represent Britain ?

Should Davies be allowed to run for Britain ?

• NO - I agree Easy, this is making a MOCKERY of International competition.

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • YES - Pipe down Easy, it's just the done thing nowadays, innit.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • HUH ? Oh, its another Olympics thread. Sorry, I was after the Word Unassociation game.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
good point

veria comes from senagal
zidane algeria
henry, trezaguet (spl) are not french

there is only bout 7 of there team that is

I think at last count it was actually 2 of the starting eleven that were french born.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know it worries Easy but I've never minded foreign-born people playing football for England, partly because once you've made your choice you have to stick with it. With Athletics it's different, what's to stop this bloke having a good Olympics and then going back to represent the USA at the World Championships or whatever? As has been pointed out Fiona May was a 'full international' (if there is such a thing in Athletics) but she turned her back on us and now represents Italy.

And don't even get me STARTED on New Zealand rugby ..........

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Funny interview with him in The Standard.

He though Wales was up north, Blake or Blane was PM, "Put your kit in the boot" was put on your gear, and didn't know what to do with a haggis.

He also thought he was representing England, not GB.

Still, he could name three British athletes.

May 29, 2004
Lancing
The decision has been made and their is nought anybody can do about it. Malachi Davis will run the individual 400m. As a Sussex athlete myself, and a 400m runner at that, I am gutted that Sean Baldock failed to get the 'A' Standard at the weekend. Before the squad for the relay was confirmed it already included Tim Benjamin (45.37), Daniel Caines (45.29), Sean Baldock (45.92), Chris Rawlinson (46.62 & 400m Hurdler) and Robert Tobin (46.17), all talented, young athletes. Malachi Davis (45.52) was always going to be included in the relay squad - no question, as he had the 'A' standard. Therefore the selectors had to select 1 more athlete to run the heats.

Iwan Thomas (46.12) - 1st decent run since when!
Jamie Baulch (45.69) - Torn Hamstring!
Duane LeDajo (46.14) - Past It!
Matt Elias (46.10) - Fit & Young!

It really bugs me when Iwan Thomas says he should go because of what he ran 5 years ago. You get picked on what you do in the present! Maybe Peter Ward should resign for the Albion to solve our striker problem cos he was good in his day!

Good luck to Malachi and ALL our GB athletes!

:clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In a short word - no.

I do not support this - disagreed with Budd and Lennox Lewis (Olympic Gold for Canada) also that Canadian tennis player who became british never had my support either.

Once you have chosen you country to represent that's it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here