Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making tea for the old bill

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just made a cup of tea for a police man who was ambling down the road here in Tunbridge Wells. Handed it over - he took it - but looked very surprised. Have I missed the point?

Oct 25, 2003
Twitter julieRemarks: Making coffee for clearing ...

368461637.jpg

LOOTING from starbucks and costa

SCUM!!!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
in plastic cups? I guess all the mugs are out rioting

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
I love that she is using a riot shield as a tray , not quiet silver service but a cheekey cupper is always welcome .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We should have realised our society was in decay when people stopped having teapots. Anarchy I tell you, anarchy!
The decline of the teapot was only the thin end of the wedge my friend. Those people aren't even using a milk jug, they're pouring the milk straight from the carton! If my dear old mum could see that she'd have forty fits; there is simply NO EXCUSE for such slovenly behaviour; if Debenhams had been looted there would have bound to have been some decent china around.

I bet they don't decant the port either ...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's all rather splendidly British, isn't it? A nice cup of tea. I bet they wouldn't be craving that in Minneapolis, or Jakarta, or Cairo :lol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's all rather splendidly British, isn't it? A nice cup of tea. I bet they wouldn't be craving that in Minneapolis, or Jakarta, or Cairo :lol:
The whole thing's decidedly British. In places like Syria they riot for freedom; in Britain they riot for a free TV. It's not so much rioting as 'extreme shopping'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's mostly not even rioting. It's just mass criminal damage, arson, theft, robbery and burglary.

I'm not giving it the associated glamour of calling it rioting.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's mostly not even rioting. It's just mass criminal damage, arson, theft, robbery and burglary.

I'm not giving it the associated glamour of calling it rioting.
I agree. It's a more aggressive form of what they used to call 'steaming' when a gang would go down a train robbing all the passengers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is it just me or does that look like a slightly slimmer Billy Piper?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Milk was traditionally put into the cup first to protect what was then expensive bone china glaze from crazing or cracking when boiling tea was poured from the pot. That's the only reason for doing it. The reason for adding milk second is that you can gauge how much milk to add. Adding milk first is an archaic and unnecessary throwback - but many people believe it makes the tea taste better. Blind taste tests prove this is not the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here