Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Make this make sense

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So you totally f***ed it up. Called the club to say you'd f***ed up. They somewhat unfucked you even though they were within their rights to just f*** you off.
You think you may still be totally f***ed so it's all the clubs f***ing fault even though the f***ing up was all yours. How f***ing dare they eh?
Karen

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
So you totally f***ed it up. Called the club to say you'd f***ed up. They somewhat unfucked you even though they were within their rights to just f*** you off.
You think you may still be totally f***ed so it's all the clubs f***ing fault even though the f***ing up was all yours. How f***ing dare they eh?
Karen
I don’t see where in any of my OP or replies that I deserve this. Are you 13?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I suppose it’s just to incentivise people to follow the correct procedures and to make doubly sure that they’ve done so. It’s harsh but probably effective. If it became widely known and expected that it didn’t matter if you missed the deadline or made an error, you just call up and get it put right, maybe people wouldn’t be quite so careful. As I say, harsh on those making a genuine error — but the club rely on accurate registration figure to set points levels so they want to encourage people to make sure they’re registered.
Is the correct answer

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I don’t see where in any of my OP or replies that I deserve this.
You probably don’t however you’ve spilled your heart out on NSC and sorry but it’s now fair game.

I returned from a home victory once pissed up and probably the happiest I’ve ever been watching the Albion marvelling in how far we’ve come, as part of that I refered to “the fuckin Japanese” Now, I seriously didn’t mean any offence, it was really a compliment and like I said, “marvelling in how far we’ve come” it got taken the wrong way, which I fully understand, however my flounce was epic, and on reflection I was as they say up north “that embarrassed” I even got removed from the Six Nations prediction table and I was top! In a nutshell think before you post, and In my case I now try not to post when pissed.

Anyhoo back on topic, you should have been more fuckin careful however I’m sure most on here hope you get a ticket*

*which in turn will mean me and the boy have got a pair (ooh er)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don’t see where in any of my OP or replies that I deserve this. Are you 13?
Did I get 13 fucks in? Apologies I thought it was generally understood that in this country, in most scenarios, the number of fucks are inversely proportional to the level of intended abuse.
Now if I had started my reply with "with all due respect" I would actually consider you vermin.
If you prefer pretend you have explained all this to me in the pub and I have kindly explained that you have nothing to complain about.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Did I get 13 fucks in? Apologies I thought it was generally understood that in this country, in most scenarios, the number of fucks are inversely proportional to the level of intended abuse.
Now if I had started my reply with "with all due respect" I would actually consider you vermin.
If you prefer pretend you have explained all this to me in the pub and I have kindly explained that you have nothing to complain about.
Right, hang on a minute I just need to get another can out the fridge.

Ok, I’m back

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seriously, how hard can it be?

1. Ensure mittens are securely tied to trouser belt
2. Register
3. Buy tickets
4. Buy flights
5. Buy accomodation

You do have the luxury of a very relaxed, simple life of:

2. Buy flights
3, Buy accomodation

Holiday

2. Buy flights
3, Buy accomodation

Holiday

2. Buy flights
3, Buy accomodation

Holiday

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think the club is pathetic in the way it treats us over small issues like this. Constantly feel like we are being told what to do and what not to do, like school children. It effs me off hugely.
I disagree. I think the club have been clear about the ticketing process and also flexible and fair with cases like the one here; flexible and fair whilst also upholding the integrity of the scheme. Let’s not forget the process is in place to reduce empty seats and in-turn ensure as many fans get to the games as possible…surely this is what we all want?

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
No offence to the OP, but... you accidentally didn't press the right button to confirm your interest. You realised that you messed up and asked the club if they could atone for your error, which they have, with the caveat that you are now in a lower tier than you would have been in if you didn't mess up in the first place.

You had pre-empted getting tickets by booking (I assume) non refundable flights and hotel?

You then post on a public forum about how annoyed you are by the clubs actions and asked for people's opinions (which you have received). You then attack anyone who happens to post an opinion that you don't agree with...

Most people on here would be eternally grateful to get to see the Albion play in Europe at home, let alone away!

You come across as a spoiled child who has thrown their toys out of the pram and now expect them to be picked up for you.

Obviously, just my opinion though...

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
No offence to the OP, but... you accidentally didn't press the right button to confirm your interest. You realised that you messed up and asked the club if they could atone for your error, which they have, with the caveat that you are now in a lower tier than you would have been in if you didn't mess up in the first place.

You had pre-empted getting tickets by booking (I assume) non refundable flights and hotel?

You then post on a public forum about how annoyed you are by the clubs actions and asked for people's opinions (which you have received). You then attack anyone who happens to post an opinion that you don't agree with...

Most people on here would be eternally grateful to get to see the Albion play in Europe at home, let alone away!

You come across as a spoiled child who has thrown their toys out of the pram and now expect them to be picked up for you.

I agree with that except the paragraph about being a spoilt child. The guy is pissed off and fed up which we can understand and relate to but ultimately he made a cock-up and doesn't have much option other than to suck it up. I'm not sure that posting about it is very helpful.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Where did I say I’m annoyed with the club?
I said it doesn’t make sense, I still don’t think it does. I’m annoyed with myself.
This forum used to be somewhere to post feelings (good and bad) without being attacked by f***ing cretins.
As for “no offence” go f*** yourself.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I said it doesn’t make sense, I still don’t think it does. I’m annoyed with myself.
As someone pointed out earlier, if it became widely known and expected that it didn’t matter if you missed the deadline/made an error, and you could just call up and get it put right it would compromise the system. Dropping you down a tier is an incentive to apply on-time and/or correctly.

This makes sense to me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The OP is lucky that I am not the decision maker at the Albion, as my response would have been a flat, sorry I can not help you, there was a clear process which you failed to follow, and it wouldn't be fair to all others that had correctly pre registered.

Also given that with the points total, the OP is nowhere near being a guaranteed tier 1 and assured of getting a ticket, booking flights at the time to me is a clear indication of willing to travel out to Athens without a ticket.

To me, extremely lucky that the club have put the OP in tier 3.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This forum used to be somewhere to post feelings (good and bad) without being attacked by f***ing cretins.
As for “no offence” go f*** yourself.

Best not to reply any more, you’re open season for wind up artists. Don’t fall for it! :lolol:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
To be fair to the club, they were very clear early doors in saying you MUST pre register in order to buy tickets.

I wouldn't expect the club to then go against that and just put people straight in to the tier corresponding to their points because a supporter forgets or makes a mistake.

I'd be kicking myself if it was me and I get mistakes happen, but I don't think I'm alone in checking I got a confirmation email and then checking that. If not, I'd be on to the club to make sure I was in that pre reg quota

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here