Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major stabbing incident on a bus in Germany - at least 14 wounded.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yes, and I wouldn't describe it as the most comfortable experience in the world, but I didn't feel unsafe (unlike, for example, in Johannesburg). Interestingly, Cairo used to be much safer under Mubarak, but once he was gone and the Muslim Brotherhood took over low level crime and crimes against women increased. I am assuming it is decreasing again under el-Sisi.

Spot on Doc with your assessment of Egypt. I've been 30+ times in my job as photographer and travelled all over and yes I know its not fashionable to say but it was so safe under Mubarak, he had an iron grip on things. Things changed for a while during the arab spring, but from all accounts are now returning to normal. Jo'burg on the other hand was and is a nightmare, my brother lived there in the early 2000's for ten years and narrowly escaped with his life, visited him over there several times and glad there's no pressure to go back.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Spot on Doc with your assessment of Egypt. I've been 30+ times in my job as photographer and travelled all over and yes I know its not fashionable to say but it was so safe under Mubarak, he had an iron grip on things. Things changed for a while during the arab spring, but from all accounts are now returning to normal. Jo'burg on the other hand was and is a nightmare, my brother lived there in the early 2000's for ten years and narrowly escaped with his life, visited him over there several times and glad there's no pressure to go back.

Yes, my wife said to me when they overthrew Mubarak, that they will wish they hadn't done that, and so it turned out. As you say, not fashionable among our liberal friends, but they are the facts.

As for Jo'burg, you are so right. When I was working there for a while everyone in the office knew someone who had been murdered or violently robbed. The manager's next door neighbour was shot dead through her car windscreen on her driveway at home, with the children in the back seat. Sick stuff. I am sure you are aware that drugs are much more prominent in the townships than they used to be, and that together with a general breakdown law is fuelling such extreme violence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here