Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Major League Baseball 2022

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cardinals two star players not making the trip to Toronto because they have no vaccine.
Both having to forfeit about $500,000 between them for making themselves unavailable.

Miles Mikolas, one of the star pitchers is going but says he wishes he hadn't had the vaccine "because I'm fit"
My appreciation of these three plummeted when I heard this.
Tw4ts

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Watched the Padres Mets game from Sunday, last night - I knew the result anyway, but was impressed with Pete Alonso of the NYM, hitting superbly. And Vogelbach...? Out there proving big guys can run!! :D
Musgrove pitched well until the 5th, but its a disappointing run of form at the moment from my Padres...especially after losing last night in Detroit 12-4 as well.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Fantastic standing ovation for Albert Pujols from the whole stadium.
Our pitching was awful.
Bluejays hitters are special.

Adam Wainwright tonight. A whole different story, we hope.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fantastic standing ovation for Albert Pujols from the whole stadium.
Our pitching was awful.
Bluejays hitters are special.

Adam Wainwright tonight. A whole different story, we hope.
Up against Gausman, a red hot offense that has scored 50 runs in 4 games and has won 7 on the spin?

I don't think so.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I don't think so.
Oh what a night.
Wainwright was immense
Donovan brilliant subbing for arenado
And as for Albert, after another super Toronto ovation,a single, double and 3r HR

Pub after.
Now 4 hours later about time I went to sleep

Sport eh? Fantastic

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Was looking through the MLB standings this morning - and was struck by the DIFF stats for the Yankees, Astros and Dodgers....all well clear of 100+.
As a relative newbie to the sport, this seems an insane +/- differential - is it normal for baseball? A result of great batting, tight defense, or a mix of both??
All three ball-clubs are streets ahead of the rest it seems, looking at the tables.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No doubt about it all three are having great seasons.
Money talks, as in the Premier League, but you might be interested to learn that a different club has won the world series every year for the past 8 seasons, and the richest club, the Yankees haven't won it since 2009.
Seattle are that only club who have never got to the world series.

Every (almost) club has a chance. So unlike the Premier League

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Welcome to San Diego Soto, Bell, Hader & Drury!
Not a bad nights work winning 9-1 vs the Rockies....inc. Brandon Drurys first at bat grand slam at the bottom of the first, to go up 5-0. Awesome :cheery:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really looking forward to the Field of Dreams game this Thursday night between the Cubs & Reds....the uni match-ups look awesome again this year!

fod.jpg
2022-mlb-field-of-dreams-game-uniforms-cincinnati-reds-vs-chicago-cubs-iowa-throwback-retro-spor.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We went along to Rays v Orioles on a whim yesterday.

The Rays came very close to what, from a quick look, would have been the club's second ever no-hitter. The Orioles ruined it, getting their first hit in the ninth.

I've always avoided heading to The Trop before because of the poor attendances, thinking it would be quite a poor experience. Granted it wasn't up with other games in New York and San Francisco I've been to, but the atmosphere was surprisingly good, so I'm glad we went along.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
There is a FB group I belong to called "Ballpark Chasers", and almost everyone who gets along to a game at Tropicana Field say it was a lot better than they believed it would be.

If you like ballparks, its a group worth joining...loads of photos from peoples road-trips around the US ticking off the stadiums as they go. There are some gorgeous old Minor League homes that get featured as well on there.

Rasmussen had a great game last night - I was following along on the MLB app & willing him to do it. Good win for the Rays though to stay ahead of the Orioles in the WC race.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Braves clinch NL East for the 5th straight year and come from being 10.5 games behind the Mets in June. GO BRAVES

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Hello baseball fans. My first, probably last, visit to this thread.

Did you see this? Apologies if posted. Very cool.

[tweet]1575875016436207618[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Hello baseball fans. My first, probably last, visit to this thread.

Did you see this? Apologies if posted. Very cool.

[tweet]1575875016436207618[/tweet]

Its amazing! Saw this the other day as it was plastered all over the baseball pages on social media that I follow.

Cubs hit a home run with this one :cool:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Now the Judge has broken Maris' HR record (typically I watched game one, but he hit #62 on the lead-off in the 2nd game! :facepalm:) will he win MVP??

I may be in the minority, but while the record is a great achievement (& hes still in the mix for the triple crown) I would say Ohtani is more "valuable" with his all-round game.
He wont win it though after the Angels mediocre season on the whole....thoughts?

Some interesting matchups set for the Wildcards now too....

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

Not expecting much from my Padres against the Mets tbh...still too "hit & miss" since July IMO, although they're carrying some nice momentum right now - if we can close out the series against San Fran tonight.

Cleveland v Tampa
Seattle v Toronto
St Louis v Philly

Some good games to look forward to :)

If there are any Philly fans on here (or even if youre not!), get yourself up to Passyunk Avenue (3 locations in Fitzrovia, Waterloo, & Stratford) for the playoffs. Great bar to watch the ballgames with a beer & food!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here