MAJOR f*ck-up with Reading tickets - what can I do?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Bought tickets over the phone for the Reading game, and was meant to collect them from The Amex yesterday.

Suffice to say.... I forgot.

What are my options now:

1. Phone Reading tomorrow morning, explain the situation and ask if we are on their "database" and can somehow pick up duplicate tickets at The Madjeski.

2. Phone the Albion ticket office tomorrow morning (will it be open???) and explain the situation.

3. Bite the bullet and pay on the gate (effectively paying twice).

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Bought tickets over the phone for the Reading game, and was meant to collect them from The Amex yesterday.

Suffice to say.... I forgot.

What are my options now:

1. Phone Reading tomorrow morning, explain the situation and ask if we are on their "database" and can somehow pick up duplicate tickets at The Madjeski.

2. Phone the Albion ticket office tomorrow morning (will it be open???) and explain the situation.

3. Bite the bullet and pay on the gate (effectively paying twice).

Option 1 mate. The club will take any remaining tickets not collected up to Reading for collection. Had a similar problem for Leicester away.
Hope this helps!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Oh gawd - I'd try the option of going and paying and seeing whether you can get a refund from the club - season of good cheer and all that - they might oblige - good luck -

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have collected tickets at away games on a few occasions, main reasons being we have not recieved them in the post in time, they send the tickets with the Kit Man and he passes them onto the away ticket office, you will find you wont be able to get them much before 2 hours before kick off and in your case you will need proof of purchase etc, they will not just hand them over to you on your saying that "I was stupid and forgot to pick them up" (how on earth you forgot is absolutly beyond me :shrug: )

Happy Christmas :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports