Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Clueless if you think they score that goal against 11 men, sorry.
maybe not but there’s no guarantee they need to score against 10 men. except there is because our defence is incredibly fragile, which gives teams the belief they can score, and we had no leaders out there to rally the troops.

if we were a team that defended resolutely, made ourselves thought to break down, and had the mental strength and smarts to take the sting out of the game and regain control, then maybe they don’t score. but we aren’t that team. and being able to defend like that in no way has to compromise our style of play, for the record.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seen the challenge from a clip.
Just my opinion that its not intentional.
Seems very similar to Rashford in my opinion. Slightly worse. The Sheffield United player has just clattered Billy and the ref has been letting a lot go so Dahoud jumps in and turns his body to come away with the ball. The United player simultaneously wags his leg out behind him in a slightly unexpected way meaning he ends up landing on it.

Certainly an element of “I’ll go for that ball and if I catch him too, so what?” which obviously you can’t get away with these days. Once upon a time it would have been a yellow. In my view, football was better for that back then but we are where we are.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Seen the challenge from a clip.
Just my opinion that its not intentional.
I saw it on TV at the time and the replays and thought it wasn't intentional, albeit still a red card, but in a sense harsh.

Need to see it again though as some people are making it out to be a really nasty challenge, it seems to be the same people who don't rate/like him generally though...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I saw it on TV at the time and the replays and thought it wasn't intentional, albeit still a red card, but in a sense harsh.

Need to see it again though as some people are making it out to be a really nasty challenge, it seems to be the same people who don't rate/like him generally though...
Always the Albion way.
Solly March had similar criticism and came through the other side.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Thought he had a reasonable game until he got sent off, have to say that was deserved.

Think we'll miss him whilst he's suspended.

Can't say the result is all on him, we should have won the game in the first half hour, even before the red I was expecting a draw, we really need to kill teams off, it's frustrating the number of 1-1 we've had where in reality we've totally dominated games and should have won 3 or 4-1.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. It wasn’t intentional but it was a red. There isn’t anything more to say.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t think it was on purpose but it is irrelevant so a red. very close to a pen for handball shortly before this. Definitely seen them given.

Jimmy Grimble

How many clean sheets have we kept all season ? 2 is it , both against the worst Ajax side since time began.

We concede in EVERY game
Their xg against 11 was something like 0.07. They were never scoring, they were utter dogshite.

More worrying was we had no game plan with 10 men.

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Definitely wasn't intentional, you could see from his reaction and the way he went to apologise to the player on his way off the pitch. He doesn't strike me as a dirty player in the slightest.

I also thought he was playing pretty well up until that point. Fed a beautiful pass through for one of Fati's chances in the first half.

It's been a while since NSC had a proper scapegoat though, so there is that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here