Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great angle of the assist here:

Just watching the 'every angle of...' video of that goal, and I'm wondering whether it was an own goal because it was going wide. The angle in that TikTok shows it from the other side, but if you go to 2:29 in the YouTube clip, you can see Mitoma hit it with the outside of his boot and it going away from the goal, until matey gets a little touch on it...

Or maybe I'm imagining it and it actually makes fack all difference!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Just watching the 'every angle of...' video of that goal, and I'm wondering whether it was an own goal because it was going wide. The angle in that TikTok shows it from the other side, but if you go to 2:29 in the YouTube clip, you can see Mitoma hit it with the outside of his boot and it going away from the goal, until matey gets a little touch on it...

I thought that at the time but it’s hard to tell conclusively that it wouldn’t have gone in so they’ve given the goal to Mitoma. If it was an own goal, it would have been Kerkez’s second of the match.

scooter1

How soon is now?

My first thought when it went in was, OG.
And i'm still pretty sure the defender gets enough of a touch for the 'dubious goals commitee' to get involved. It's a team sport and a team goal, and it cemented 3 points for us, so I don't care who gets the end credit..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The commentators on my stream mentioned the slight deflection but were quick to say it was Mitoma's goal. Hard to say whether it was going in, wide or on to the post.

At the end of the day the most important thing is he was credited the goal to boost my fantasy football score. I'm currently top 10 in the Albion Analytics league and top 20 in NSC so don't need no Dubious Goals Committee robbing me.

Last edited:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
the reverse angle shows much more clearly that Kerkez gets enough on it to guarantee it doesn't hit the post...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
That assist was delicious. Any more or less power on the touch and it doesn’t work, just perfect. There’s a silky player in there.

Jimmy Grimble

I thought that at the time but it’s hard to tell conclusively that it wouldn’t have gone in so they’ve given the goal to Mitoma. If it was an own goal, it would have been Kerkez’s second of the match.
I think that fact he had already scored an own goal probably contributed to the lack of conviction in his attempted block/clearance.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I didn't notice his touch at the time, I thought Fati had passed it directly to Mitoma. But now I've seen it, wow. Absolute quality. That ball wasn't reaching Mitoma without it.
I thought exactly the same. From seeing it above the halfway line in WSU, I wondered why Fati didn’t get the assist.
Fati, Dahoud and Mitoma were all class

Jimmy Grimble

I know we missed chances, but he’s cost us the game today. Sheff U wouldn’t have scored in a month of Sundays if it’s 11v11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here