[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This guy is going be one of our best ever signings if we can keep him fit.

At 6:54 - Just watch him take out Gundogen, De Bruyne, Foden and Bernardo Sliva with one move

Quick feet, doesn't mind a challenge, very forward looking, silky skills... teammates will have to work hard to be on his wavelength!!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I saw an interview with a German hack a few weeks back. It seems they had high hopes for this lad. Unfortunately he didn’t reach his potential. This guy also believes playing under RDZ could help him become the player they all hoped for. I’m interested to see how it all pans out for him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting article

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Interesting article

Yeah, that was a good read.

Key points (mostly taken from quotes from former coach):

• he can play as a 6 (DM), and 8 (box to box) or even as a 10
  • One of the best first touches he's ever seen
  • Great engine. Can run all day
  • Bayern wanted him as he was the closest to Thiago Alcantara
  • Much more progressive with his passing than Mac and Moi but worse ball retention and lower "defensive impact"
  • Will need to learn/adapt to playing De Zerbi style first time diagonal, link up passes in defensive third. More used to receiving on the turn and playing forward.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Interesting article

Think it's got the potential to be a massive signing. Better player than maccer just needs to stay uninjured !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
IMG-20230804-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230804-WA0003.jpg

As you can see, statswise it looks like he could fill the role of Mac or Moi but will need great defending intensity in a DZ team. From what the former coach in the article, he'll be able to do that (loves to press, can run all day...)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
View attachment 164457

View attachment 164458

As you can see, statswise it looks like he could fill the role of Mac or Moi but will need great defending intensity in a DZ team. From what the former coach in the article, he'll be able to do that (loves to press, can run all day...)
Think these comparisons of caciedo are. A bit silly. Caciedo is a robot , he's so strong. Mo D looks light as a feather so far !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Think these comparisons of caciedo are. A bit silly. Caciedo is a robot , he's so strong. Mo D looks light as a feather so far !

That's the key difference and another point the coach makes:

"He’s not the fastest or the strongest, but he’s a fighter,” Maric says. “He has the heart of a warrior, but he’s light."

You don't necessarily need a dominating physical presence in that 6 role though. Busquets did alright :lolol:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Interesting article

Don't have an Athletic account? Try this:

(Disclaimer: If you find you like theathletic.com, do sign up for a full subscription after using this workaround as I only give it with the intention of helping people to gain a taste for the site before joining.)

If you're using an android device,

Click the ⋮ symbol in the top right corner of your screen.

Scroll down and click 'settings'

Scroll down and click 'site settings'

Scroll down and click 'JavaScript'

Click 'ADD SITE EXEMPTION'

Type theathletic.com and click 'Add'

Done! No more pop up to stop you testing the quality of their writing before subscribing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't have an Athletic account? Try this:

(Disclaimer: If you find you like theathletic.com, do sign up for a full subscription after using this workaround as I only give it with the intention of helping people to gain a taste for the site before joining.)

If you're using an android device,

Click the ⋮ symbol in the top right corner of your screen.

Scroll down and click 'settings'

Scroll down and click 'site settings'

Scroll down and click 'JavaScript'

Click 'ADD SITE EXEMPTION'

Type theathletic.com and click 'Add'

Done! No more pop up to stop you testing the quality of their writing before subscribing.
....or just pop the URL into 12ftladder

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Enjoyed that piece, it's very rare I say that about a Naylor article so credit where it's due!

Watching Dahoud and seeing how he gets on is one of the most intriguing things for me about this season. I always liked him in Germany, he's my type of player like Lallana with his technical ability to turn, find space and pick a pass, and he looked decent in the American games. Fitting into an RDZ team is not going to be easy for anyone though so there's no guarantee he will be a success and his former coach makes a couple of very salient points about the things he will need to work on in that piece but the signs are promising I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Enjoyed that piece, it's very rare I say that about a Naylor article so credit where it's due!

Watching Dahoud and seeing how he gets on is one of the most intriguing things for me about this season. I always liked him in Germany, he's my type of player like Lallana with his technical ability to turn, find space and pick a pass, and he looked decent in the American games. Fitting into an RDZ team is not going to be easy for anyone though so there's no guarantee he will be a success and his former coach makes a couple of very salient points about the things he will need to work on in that piece but the signs are promising I think.
You must watch stacks of games!

First time I’ve seen him was the US, fantastic player, just wonder how he’ll get on being closed down earlier, because as soon as teams realise, they’ll be all over him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You must watch stacks of games!

First time I’ve seen him was the US, fantastic player, just wonder how he’ll get on being closed down earlier, because as soon as teams realise, they’ll be all over him.
Far too many!

As my other half said, if I put as much time into my main job as I do my football, I'd be a millionaire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports