Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Sounds great, but begs the question as to why Dortmund aren't renewing, or is it a case that they'd like to and we are a better offer for him?
Renewals are a two party affair. If he doesn't want to stick around and be benchwarmer, Dortmund are out of luck. I'd suggest it's a case of he'd rather come to us.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Sounds great, but begs the question as to why Dortmund aren't renewing, or is it a case that they'd like to and we are a better offer for him?
I think part of the story is Dortmund having one of the strongest midfields in Europe at the moment, at least offensively, and it's an extremely tall order to outshine Bellingham and an exceptionally in-form Julian Brandt in Dahoud's preferred position as CM right now. Terzić also loves old work-horse Marco Reus who's getting back in shape after an injury and just signed a one-year extension. So, it makes sense that he'd look around for new opportunities, I'd say. With his talent and at age 27 it makes no sense to resign himself to sitting on the bench.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think part of the story is Dortmund having one of the strongest midfields in Europe at the moment, at least offensively, and it's an extremely tall order to outshine Bellingham and an exceptionally in-form Julian Brandt in Dahoud's preferred position as CM right now. Terzić also loves old work-horse Marco Reus who's getting back in shape after an injury and just signed a one-year extension. So, it makes sense that he'd look around for new opportunities, I'd say. With his talent and at age 27 it makes no sense to resign himself to sitting on the bench.
Makes sense. I hope this means that Bellingham is staing in Dortmund. Apart from the fact that I think it's not a bad thing from an England fan point of view, it's good to see that a talent like him not snapped up by the traditional big or oil-rich PL clubs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's funny - I watched the Dortmund-Mainz match a couple of weeks ago....my only Bundesliga match last season. I thought Brandt and Reus were awful! Incredible spectacle, though - what with 81k in the stadium, and Bayern's late winner in the other match.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
It's funny - I watched the Dortmund-Mainz match a couple of weeks ago....my only Bundesliga match last season. I thought Brandt and Reus were awful! Incredible spectacle, though - what with 81k in the stadium, and Bayern's late winner in the other match.
Haha, yeah, I saw that one too. They were indeed awful, I felt really bad for them choking so horribly when it mattered the most! But trust me when I say that they've played some beautiful football earlier this season to be oh soooo close to the title :D

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As he’s a free, No announcement until the window opens for this one I reckon.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Excited for this guy the highlight reels are something else!!
If he stays injury free, we have at least equal to Ali Mac and maybe an upgrade

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I HERD they were waiting for FABRICE Banana to fire up his 'HERE WE GO!' machine.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If they have agreed the contract they can't be poached, it's a legally binding deal
Think they sign a pre contract don't they. Real contract kicks in on transfer open day. Unlikely that anything would go wrong with transfers between 2 teams but free transfers bit more grey.

(I could be wrong)

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Think they sign a pre contract don't they. Real contract kicks in on transfer open day. Unlikely that anything would go wrong with transfers between 2 teams but free transfers bit more grey.

(I could be wrong)
The pre contract is also legally binding. It's a document that states the following contract comes into effect on x date.

The only way it could go wrong is if it's just a vocal agreement without the pre contract being signed. Once the player is announced as joining on a free, a pre contract will have been signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here