Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ok on a free I suppose but just doesn't seem to play enough. Are milner and him gonna be our bench players ? If yes, great.
He dislocated his shoulder in August and needed surgery, which put him out until November.

He also plays in the same position as Jude Bellingham and Julian Brandt, so not a huge surprise he's struggled for game time this season.

Last season he played regularly in a Dortmund team which finished second.

If De Zerbi can get the best out of him, he could be much more than a bench player.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've never understood the hate towards him. He rarely gets anything wrong. Folk just don't seem to like him stating who is after our players. It's his job.
I don't like him because he's all of what's wrong with PL football.
I agree he's usually right, but that's because he's in the pay of agents and, probably even more so, the Super League 12 who use him to unsettle players from lil ol clubs like teamslikeBrighton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
141 appearances for Dortmund since 2017.
141 appearances for Dortmund since 2017 equates to circa 20 appearances per season.

That is a statistic which, presumably suggests substantial period(s) on the side lines ( injured or sick ), and concerns me not just a little.

Perhaps I am missing something ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
141 appearances for Dortmund since 2017 equates to circa 20 appearances per season.

That is a statistic which, presumably suggests substantial period(s) on the side lines ( injured or sick ), and concerns me not just a little.

Having some lad called ‘Bellingham’ in his position probably hasn’t helped

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

His entire injury history can be seen here:

His two longest injuries are something that should be behind him now. I think the thing you’re missing is the fact he’s been competing with some great midfielders.

Bellingham, Can, Reus, Brandt, Witsel, Delaney, Gotze. Can’t blame him for not starting every game.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Probably more down to who he was competing in midfield for a starting place with. Jude Bellingham being first name on the team sheet so this guy, Emre Can, Reus, and others fighting it out to also play..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If true, an excellent signing and getting him on a free is another amazing piece of business!

Not a direct replacement for Mac Allister and certainly not Caicedo. He’s like a cross between Mac Allister and Lallana. Like Mac he’s better a bit deeper, has great control and can pick a pass. Like Lallana he’s got lovely balance and dribbling ability.

Really hope we can get this done. To add him to Pedro and Milner would be a wonderful transfer window already.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Great work from the club again….looks like a Veltman-esque signing. Recruitment team are playing a blinder at the moment.pr
It’s nice to us getting our business done super early if this is true. 3 signings all but complete when we’ve still got 5 games to play this season.

Also seems to be another player De Zerbi is a fan of, tried to sign him for Sassuolo allegedly.
Probably trying to sign players early to soften the blow when We sell our best players

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Likely to fill one of the two DCM spaces having looked at his YouTube highlights. Very technical player who will resist the press, well.
For no transfer fee he looks a bargain.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Likely to fill one of the two DCM spaces having looked at his YouTube highlights. Very technical player who will resist the press, well.
For no transfer fee he looks a bargain.
Indeed, his spider chart has more in common with Caicedo's than Alexis's.

Dahoud's and Milner's charts are very similar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512-212413.png
    Screenshot_20230512-212413.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20230512-212209.png
    Screenshot_20230512-212209.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20230512-212042.png
    Screenshot_20230512-212042.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230513-084630.png
    Screenshot_20230513-084630.png