Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magic Money Tree given a shake for MADDY

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The parents should be charged for negligence.
The hotel offered a baby sitting service which probably wouldn't have been much for them to pay for.
I don't think they have given a satisfactory explanation for their actions and they are directly responsible for putting their children in a dangerous situation.
You would have thought that being 'intelligent' people they would be able to see the potential dangers, what possessed them, what part of your brain would tell you that it would be ok to leave them alone and the door unlocked.
It beggars belief, who knows what the poor kid has endured, or is still enduring, there is absolutely no excuse for what they did.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Source? as a quick google search says differently.

This kind of phrase seems to be used constantly as throw away political point-scoring / blame game propaganda with little or no foundation in reality, where too many take these comments at face value without ever fact checking anything

A quick google search should have told you that in real terms (ie taking inflation into account) Police funding fell by 19% between 2010/11 to 2018/19 (30% fall from Government but increase from local funds) This needs to be made up before you can talk about additional funds

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The hotel offered a baby sitting service which probably wouldn't have been much for them to pay for.
I don't think they have given a satisfactory explanation for their actions and they are directly responsible for putting their children in a dangerous situation.
You would have thought that being 'intelligent' people they would be able to see the potential dangers, what possessed them, what part of your brain would tell you that it would be ok to leave them alone and the door unlocked.
It beggars belief, who knows what the poor kid has endured, or is still enduring, there is absolutely no excuse for what they did.

This post seems to assume that the McCann's have got off scot-free.

I'm pretty sure being charged with negligence would be the least of their worries. I agree, who knows what that poor kid has endured but imagine what you would be going through for the rest of your life if that was your child.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Totally agree.

And if they had been lowly paid BAME factory workers from a rough council estate rather than "intelligent people" I'm sure the authorities would have taken a completely different approach.

The poor mother of Ben Needham never had multi-millions of government money thrown at her when Ben went missing on Kos nearly 20 years ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ve met Jerry McCann (in his capacity as a Doctor) whilst arranging some training. This was before the incident when he was just a medical practitioner.

I must say what a lovely, down to earth guy he was. Humble and very intelligent (unlike a lot of his colleagues). A few meetings don’t make a piss of difference but I just can’t believe that this quiet, clever and decent guy killed his daughter. I just can’t.

I believe him when he says that going for a drink with some folk who were staying across the pool from him resulted in the loss of his precious child. I don’t buy the theories that he’s a satanist or paedophile. I think he made a mistake that meant the loss of his little girl. I feel genuinely sorry for him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Over 11 Million spent on this so far. Bonkers.

working class o.a.p's in nursing homes who have worked and paid tax all their lives are forced to pay 8-900 quid a week for a room, to me that is a huge injustice , making sure that they die with no more than 25 k in the bank .........there should be an inquiry into care home fees and ownership .....somebody is making an absolute fortune.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I must say what a lovely, down to earth guy he was. Humble and very intelligent (unlike a lot of his colleagues).
You are Limmy and I claim my £5. Was he surprisingly down to earth and very funny at a charity do as well?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
This post seems to assume that the McCann's have got off scot-free.

I'm pretty sure being charged with negligence would be the least of their worries. I agree, who knows what that poor kid has endured but imagine what you would be going through for the rest of your life if that was your child.

A similar thing would not happen to me, as I would never put the most precious things in my world in that position.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I’ve met Jerry McCann (in his capacity as a Doctor) whilst arranging some training. This was before the incident when he was just a medical practitioner.

I must say what a lovely, down to earth guy he was. Humble and very intelligent (unlike a lot of his colleagues). A few meetings don’t make a piss of difference but I just can’t believe that this quiet, clever and decent guy killed his daughter. I just can’t.

I believe him when he says that going for a drink with some folk who were staying across the pool from him resulted in the loss of his precious child. I don’t buy the theories that he’s a satanist or paedophile. I think he made a mistake that meant the loss of his little girl. I feel genuinely sorry for him.

Well that's ok then but for the fact he did it night after night without thinking about it until Madeline went missing. I would never leave a young child of mine alone during the day or night at home or abroad. He may well have lost all three children and the McCann's pattern of behaviour in leaving their kids alone every night would have been noticed locally.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well that's ok then but for the fact he did it night after night without thinking about it until Madeline went missing. I would never leave a young child of mine alone during the day or night at home or abroad. He may well have lost all three children and the McCann's pattern of behaviour in leaving their kids alone every night would have been noticed locally.

Yes. there's a bit of a sad irony here: leave your dog alone in a car and (quite rightly) it's a criminal offence.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
[/B]
Yes. there's a bit of a sad irony here: leave your dog alone in a car and (quite rightly) it's a criminal offence.

Leaving your children alone is an offence in the UK - I think I read somewhere the Portuguese police didn't accuse the McCann's of abandonment as the "English have peculiar customs"!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Leaving your children alone is an offence in the UK - I think I read somewhere the Portuguese police didn't accuse the McCann's of abandonment as the "English have peculiar customs"!

What made it worse was that the apartment was on a public street. Whatever you think about leaving your kids alone, that was just plain irresponsible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here