Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa injury

Jul 7, 2003
You lose half the screen when using ad blocker on the Argus site. A huge blue block asking you to turn off the ad blocker. It's less annoying than the adverts.
My Ipad doesn't tolerate the Argus website at all.

The Argus adverts are a nightmare on the iPad. I have tried both Chrome and Safari and the Argus site crashes regularly on both unlike other sites. I also sometimes get a message saying I have an adblocker running when I haven't. Shame Timmy is banned as maybe he could do something useful and get his employers to do something about this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Argus adverts are a nightmare on the iPad. I have tried both Chrome and Safari and the Argus site crashes regularly on both unlike other sites. I also sometimes get a message saying I have an adblocker running when I haven't. Shame Timmy is banned as maybe he could do something useful and get his employers to do something about this.

He works for the Brighton independant paper not the Argus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you think the Argus site is bad, just try the Liverpool Echo - utterly hideous and stuffed so full of video and surround adverts to be completely unuseable.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My PC hates the Argus site, it has to work harder and the fan wants to kick in on max. If I have a few browser windows open and go to the Argus it just crashes the lot. It has to be the worst website ever and the download speed reminds me of the dial up connections of the 90's.

Oh those adverts get right on my nerves, the ones with the noisy videos that start without any warning or invitation. Pretty much all newspaper websites have them now. Massively annoying.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does - it shoves a great big pop-up all over the bottom half of the screen.

PS - multiquotes didn't go well - try post above.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How about this for a plan then.

Give Luton Casper and take back Walton?
I take it your children only ever grumbled about presents from you, ONCE. :lol:

Last edited:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Any news on maenpaa's injury ? Didn't hear what the injury exactly was to his shoulder, was it just bruising or more serious, how long out for, when recovered will Walton go back to Luton to complete his loan experience

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Any news on maenpaa's injury ? Didn't hear what the injury exactly was to his shoulder, was it just bruising or more serious, how long out for, when recovered will Walton go back to Luton to complete his loan experience

He can't go back... The window is shut.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Three weeks now since his injury at Lincoln.

Does Niki Maenpaa exist - not a beano since this happened.

Any news?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here