Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madmen

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's aprog I've only recently started watching and very good.

I feel sorry for any of those involved who are non-smokers though!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For Herr Tubthumper...

Series 3 ended on a belter of a cliffhanger. Series 4 without giving too much away has a character from Season 1 make an appearance and not shoehorned in like some crappy soap.

Do yourselves a favour and watch, borrow or steal this series.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank you. I'm a very very late convert here but I'm really enjoying it. Almost done the first series.....

I'm also about to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm......as 3 friends said Larry reminds them of me. Obviously Harry is a good looking lad with charm and wit?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I've just ordered series 1 & 2 boxset so hopefully I will enjoy it.

I also think I may treat myself to the Curb Your Enthusiasm 1-7 boxset, as whilst I own each series individually I have leant it out to various people throughout the years and now there are too many discs missing for my liking :angry:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
mad-men-2.jpg

I guess with this enforced winter break Matt Sparrow has decided to take a turn at acting?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I've just ordered series 1 & 2 boxset so hopefully I will enjoy it.

All I will say is persevere. It takes a long time for the story(ies) to build as whilst it centres on Don Draper it is very much a character piece and you learn more about hem (and their motives) as the series progresses.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does this mean series 5 won't be on BBC Four then? :(

I think so. Unless Sky Atlantic only have get the first run exclusive, in which case it might make it onto bbc 4 before the end of 2012.

Often programmes on sky make it onto bbc/channel 4/5 eventually.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think so. Unless Sky Atlantic only have get the first run exclusive, in which case it might make it onto bbc 4 before the end of 2012.

Often programmes on sky make it onto bbc/channel 4/5 eventually.

Exactly. I reckon SKY will get exclusive first run.

Indeed when BBC3/4 (cant remember) showed the fourth series it was a week or two behind the actual American showings, in order to deter tinternet pirates. We literally got the episodes two or three weeks after the yanks saw it for the first time.

With SKY I reckon it will be like the later lost. Probably broadcasting on the same day (allowing for UK/USA time differences)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With SKY I reckon it will be like the later lost. Probably broadcasting on the same day (allowing for UK/USA time differences)

I doubt it will be that close. Lost was a television phenomenom, Mad Men is simply a really great tv show. It seems as Sky are trying to get their audience used to the pattern of shows airing as they do in america (off weeks, midseason breaks, etc) they were showing Bones, Lie To Me and House only a couple of weeks behind America though (now all three shows are on their mid season break, when they return Bones will be moving to Sky Living, not sure about the others). So Mad Men will probably follow that pattern and be aired a couple of weeks behind.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Series 4 due for release 21/3/11

GET IN

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Series 4 currently on one of the BBC channels. DVD/BluRay only 3 weeks away :clap:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I had a bit of a Mad Men session last night and watched 4 episodes. I'm still only on the first series though but am loving it so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here