Madeleine McCann...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good man.

But... you have made me feel a bit embarrassed over that sentence so if I may.....

What I mean was that I have enjoyed some conversations with Swanny when he has challenged my conventional 'scientific' and 'reductionist' approach to making sense of the world, particularly when it concerns issues that are just beyond our reach. For example, the workings of global politics, the control of information, and even the frontiers of scientific knowledge. These are areas where being able to see just beyond what is easily visible and what is explicable using a conventional rubric will give you a huge advantage. I suspect most people on NSC would generally agree with my conservative approach to this. But I can appreciated Swanny's more (what is the word?) adventurous approach to the pursuit of the truth. So we have had some fun exchanges on the nature of proof, the benefits and risks of the creation of working hypotheses and, the area of most disagreement, how to weigh the value of information of widely differing provenance, and how confirmation bias determines where we decide to draw a line. A paper in Nature published 5 years ago that has been reproduced and shown to be likely to be true, or the deep web?

What I also meant was that most people can't be arsed to argue the toss with strangers on a football forum about such stuff. Which is why it is only really Swanny who pushes me in this regard.

But, that aside, it is true that I do often come across as an arrogant arsehole. I attribute this to my neurodiversity. In reality I am not at all competitive, but when I get a bee in my bonnet I won't let it drop. No filters. I like to think that 'this way discovery lies'. :wink:

Now, I have work to do so go away and stop distracting me, you Icy bastard :wink:
Top post Harry ..a very honest one …can you give me lessons on typing more than one sentence

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh FFS bollocks bollocks I've run out of Pringles................................carry on I'll eat cake.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I make no secret I used to post as Nibble. I’m interested to see what this embarrassing lie it is I was supposed to have told though.

You seem like a decent poster but you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. If you aren’t willing to back your claim up, I suggest you wind your neck in.
There is a search function.
Caught me out? Nibble? What on earth are you on about? I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being a bit dim rather than actually being the knobhead you come across as. Odd little man.

Way wide of the mark with the old Nibble nonsense but a few numpties on here trot it out so I can see why someone who is clearly as easily lead as you would try and use it.

Of course you read my comments, it's why you are so upset. More Bullshit.

Found out, ha! The usual crew have been claiming I'm Nibble for months. Usually when they have run out of things to say. You all have very active imaginations but unfortunately you really are barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid.
I suggest you get some kip and give your heads a rest.

TB
TC

Your problem with me is that it took me maybe two months to find out that you are a pathological liar who turn aggressive and condescending when people are on to you. Good to see others have understood the same.

Though probably quite likely that some people bought the whole "I travel around at night for £9.00 an hour to help people in need". I didn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good man.

But... you have made me feel a bit embarrassed over that sentence so if I may.....

Now, I have work to do so go away and stop distracting me, you Icy bastard :wink:

Mission accomplished :lolol:

I did understand what you meant by the comment btw, but I enjoy a wind up :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Oh FFS bollocks bollocks I've run out of Pringles................................carry on I'll eat cake.
Schoolboy error. I don’t even eat them but keep them in just in case a thread like this develops. It’s just a bit annoying that I now won’t have time to watch Narcos and the dog won’t get his third walk today.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm not sure, people are conducting a binfest around some very informative Portsmouth based posts and making me miss them.
What do you mean? I'm thoroughly enjoying our conversation about Portsmouth.

Do you know I used to be a student there at Portsmouth Polytechnic? BA Geography. No good to man or beast.

Favourite pub: Still & West. Favourite beer: Gales HSB. The beer that got me laid. What. a. pint.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Do you know I used to be a student there at Portsmouth Polytechnic? BA Geography. No good to man or beast.

Favourite pub: Still & West. Favourite beer: Gales HSB. The beer that got me laid. What. a. pint.
I remember Gales HSB from when I worked for a company in Chichester. Really strong stuff from what I can recall

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The last five pages or so, is the best derailed since I was on my daily commute to London Bridge some years ago, and after leaving East Croydon without any announcement we were on the Victoria line, first stop there was a take over of the train by the commuters who weren't happy resulting in the train being delayed for ages and a deluge of complaints to Southern Fail.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is a search function.

Your problem with me is that it took me maybe two months to find out that you are a pathological liar who turn aggressive and condescending when people are on to you. Good to see others have understood the same.

Though probably quite likely that some people bought the whole "I travel around at night for £9.00 an hour to help people in need". I didn't.
My my! have I triggered some narcissistic rage?

Yes, I did deny it at first. That is also common knowledge. For very good reasons that were covered on here before you were even thought of.
I was a bit of a bell-end back then for various reasons but that’s certainly not something I shall be discussing with you.

As for your comments about my work, I’ll leave it to others to decide what they make you look like.

Unfortunately for you, I have dealt with narcissistic personalities before. Your regular outbursts when people don’t buy into the narrative you try and weave on here give you away. Classic NPD.

Take it easy, Swanny, you’ll do yourself a mischief. I’ll pop you on ignore until your next flounce. I clearly trigger you.

Back on topic;

Is anyone taking the claims of the woman seriously?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I did not know that. Geography at Portsmouth Poly?? You really should know about its island status.

I've only been once or twice. When something is on your doorstep you just take it for granted.

I was seeing a girl while I was staying in Southampton (she was at uni with some mates of mine). We were in bed watching the FA Cup pre game stuff and she dropped the bombshell that she was not only from Portsmouth but also a Pompey fan . . . I mean what do you do, she seemed normal.

I regret it now of course but I really should have asked her if Portsmouth was a proper Island.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My my! have I triggered some narcissistic rage?

Yes, I did deny it at first. That is also common knowledge. For very good reasons that were covered on here before you were even thought of. Certainly not something I shall be discussing with you.

As for your comments about my work, I’ll leave it to others to decide what they make you look like.

Unfortunately for you, I have dealt with narcissistic personalities before. Your regular outbursts when people don’t buy into the narrative you try and weave on here give you away. Classic NPD.

Take it easy, Swanny, you’ll do yourself a mischief. I’ll pop you on ignore until your next flounce. I clearly trigger you.

Back on topic;

Is anyone taking the claims of the woman seriously?
I did, she was definitely a Pompey fan 😐

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I remember Gales HSB arriving in the independent territories of Brighton and Hove when Gales took over the Basketmakers in about 1977 ? Scenes :lolol:
You beat me to it. My first taste was in the Gribble in Oving in 1981

My memories of the Basketmakers consist of pints of cider and blackurrant, which looked horrible when you threw it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports