Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People get annoyed when they don't agree with something, it is just natural. It happens in basically every thread that two or more people start arguing in a not always friendly tone. It is the nature of boards: some threads is mainly about sharing experiences, some threads is about someone dying and getting remembered, and the majority of threads are of the "lets discuss, argue and exchange differing opinions" sort.

I have no issues with Weststander but we sometimes clash over some topics, like tonight. He called me - with slightly different words - a coldhearted ****/Putin fanboy for not expressing sadness about Ukraine and I called him a coldhearted ****/Western supremacy fanboy for not expressing sadness about our ongoing destruction of some countries. It happens. Another day him and I will agree about shipping Billy Gilmour to Rangers.

Edit: I has originally written “go away”. Obviously, it’s not my place on here to tell anyone to go away but please consider calming down and listening to others rather than carpet bombing every thread with your opinion of who you think you are.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair to him though, he posted something pretty innocuous and basically got told that he’s a rapist because of it. I’m not sure he’s the problem here.
Yep, the initial attack on him was totally unjustified. He'd have done better to have replied 'Oh f*** off' and put the poster on ignore, as some of his responses haven't done his cause any good either. Perhaps a mod could just quietly close this thread?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, the initial attack on him was totally unjustified. He'd have done better to have replied 'Oh f*** off' and put the poster on ignore, as some of his responses haven't done his cause any good either. Perhaps a mod could just quietly close this thread?
Yes, I just read back and the attack on swanny is absurd. It wasn't even him who rebooted the thread. Utterly bizarre bit of confirmation bias.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
All I wanted here was some ridiculous NSC theories about Madeleine McCann.
Looks like we are back to every thread being at risk of being dominated by one person.
Maybe Swansman should try having two weeks on, two weeks off?
And as for the Swanny fan club - have a word with yourselves. He’s more than capable of speaking up for himself.
He is more than capable and does. But then gets accused of derailing threads.
His "fan club" notice there are a group of posters intent on piling in, to create a feeling that his views aren't welcome.
They tend to sound like they are talking on behalf of NSC.

Why don't they back off and have a word with themselves?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think Swansman is the one at fault here, but I do feel he is oblivious to the fact that he unnecessarily derails too many threads. Perhaps the mods need to apply some surgery to threads from time to time? Other message boards are very hot on thread derailment.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He is more than capable and does. But then gets accused of derailing threads.
His "fan club" notice there are a group of posters intent on piling in, to create a feeling that his views aren't welcome.
They tend to sound like they are talking on behalf of NSC.

Why don't they back off and have a word with themselves?

IMO NSC has been a more interesting and inclusive place without the Swansman show over the past couple of weeks.
Fair enough, it may sometimes be a two-way street, although when I clicked on this thread this morning I saw a lot of Swansman not writing about Madeleine McCann.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The last
Yes, I just read back and the attack on swanny is absurd. It wasn't even him who rebooted the thread. Utterly bizarre bit of confirmation bias.
Yep, agree ... along with similar posts on this page. Some rather personal attacks - not just on this thread, but another makes reference to swanny being sectioned. Surely there's no place for that sort of comment on NSC!

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well I don't join in any Swanny fan or hater club.

However I have was enjoying his break from NSC and a good percentage of threads being derailed by his total inability to let things drop and unlimited capacity to derail threads.

Alternatively, he does post good stuff and is knowledgeable on subjects which I've found interesting in the past.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMO NSC has been a more interesting and inclusive place without the Swansman show over the past couple of weeks.
Fair enough, it may be a two-way street.

At the risk of being labelled a bully, I have to agree.
NSC is better without him. Nevertheless, it looks like he’s here to stay. But please mods, could we perhaps stop him derailing every thread he steps in.

He puts other, far more interesting posters off posting and every thread he enters turns into him talking about how superior he is is to everyone else. Someone asks him to shut his pie-hole, people leap on to defend him. Christ knows why, he’s evidently capable of bigging himself up. Accusations of bullying get thrown around. The whole thing turns toxic. And I’m sorry but it is his fault, as much as people try to say it’s not.

Come one, come all. All I ask is they don’t act like ****s.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
NSC is better without him. Nevertheless, it looks like he’s here to stay. But please mods, could we perhaps stop him derailing every thread he steps in.
To be fair, if some posters on here didn't respond to him with bully boy comments, maybe swanny wouldn't feel the need to respond again?? Just a thought.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've all had our moments being a pain in the arse on here though haven't we? Sometimes its been so blatant that people have ended up changing their user names to cover up an embarrassing lie. Wouldn't you agree, nibble?

Before you get angry, I'd say you've turned into one of the better contributors on here in recent times, so in the same way, that's a good reason to tolerate people like Swansman.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair, if some posters on here didn't respond to him with bully boy comments, maybe swanny wouldn't feel the need to respond again?? Just a thought.
You may be right. I think Swanny would respond no-matter what. He can’t help himself.

Anyway. I shan’t spend any more time talking about the little twerp, I have some video tapes to return.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We've all had our moments being a pain in the arse on here though haven't we? Sometimes its been so blatant that people have ended up changing their user names to cover up an embarrassing lie. Wouldn't you agree, nibble?

Before you get angry, I'd say you've turned into one of the better contributors on here in recent times, so in the same way, that's a good reason to tolerate people like Swansman.

What lie is that? Sorry but I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Get angry? Don’t flatter yourself 👍

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You aren’t well. I would ask if your “voluntary break” from NSC in the hospital went well. I think it’s clear that it didn’t.

I say this genuinely and without malice, Swansman. You aren’t a well man. You need serious mental help and I fear that you will hurt others without appropriate treatment.
If you disagree with another poster please don’t use mental health as a stick to beat them with.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What lie is that? Sorry but I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Get angry? Don’t flatter yourself 👍

I think we both know I haven't got you mixed up with someone else.

And I obviously I had no intention of flattering myself - that seems a strange thing to take away from what I said, which is that tolerance of people usually pays off in the end.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we both know I haven't got you mixed up with someone else.

And I obviously I had no intention of flattering myself - that seems a strange thing to take away from what I said, which is that tolerance of people usually pays off in the end.
I make no secret I used to post as Nibble. I’m interested to see what this embarrassing lie it is I was supposed to have told though.

You seem like a decent poster but you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. If you aren’t willing to back your claim up, I suggest you wind your neck in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here