Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Made my stomach turn...

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Even as a child I was never particularly interested in getting players autographs, although I did get Freddie Goodwin's when he came to speak at our church once.

However, I can understand why people would want to see, speak to and maybe get the autographs of genuinely world class players who are household names and I was delighted to get the chance to see the likes of Ozill and Sanchez play at the Amex.

Why the bitterness folks. Should we be kept in a perpetual loop of Brighton v Doncaster at the Priestfield in Feb 1998?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So, say Barack Obama is in Britain and I happen to see him, am I allowed to speak to him or take a photo, or is that against the rules because he's not ours?

If people want to take photos of some WORLD FAMOUS footballers (including world cup winners) then bloody let them.

The things people get "embarrassed" about on others behalf is.....well......what they would probably refer to as "embarrassing".

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If we were to play a team like Barcelona or Real Madrid, I'd understand. But a premier league team which plays in this country, I don't get it. Arsenal doesn't excite me, they play nice football which is good to watch, but I don't understand this 'admiring' people do. Not a team that sets the league on fire and only won a trophy last year for god knows how long.

What's the appeal..

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Exactly.
I couldn't understand all the excitement last week for a game that meant nothing more than extra revenue. It felt like deja vu, same old same old. It was obvious that many stayed away from the Ipswich game, to save money for the Arsenal match. They missed the performance of the season, the goals of the season and instead turned up in their thousands to watch a good PL side go through their practise routine against an overawed and outclassed Championship side.

Not going saved me £33 and I got to sit in front of my pc in the warm and watch us lose in comfort without an Arsenal plastic in sight. Back to league games and I'm back at the Amex.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
There was so many plastic Albion fans there yesterday, where were they all for the Ipswich game and Brentford before that? Probably sat at home playing with them selves over the excitment of seeing the Arsenal coach parked up in the usual spot away team coaches are parked and looking exactly the same as a coach you can see every day on a road. Yet people still stood by it and took pictures of it. Baffling stuff.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Not going saved me £33 and I got to sit in front of my pc in the warm and watch us lose in comfort without an Arsenal plastic in sight. Back to league games and I'm back at the Amex.

Are they really likely to be plastics, though? 4400 tickets when they get 60,000 at home; I would have thought they would have to score pretty high on whatever their loyalty scheme is. When we played Liverpool in the League Cup in 2011 a Liverpool supporting colleague at work, season ticket holder for years plus two childrens season tickets, still had to pull some strings to get a ticket for the away section. I spoke to a few Gooners yesterday and they all seemed like genuine supporters.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
This, this is what Walcott looks like. Did he really look any different jumping on to a coach. REALLY?

theo-walcott-arsenal-top-scorer.jpg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Plus they put Walcott on the cover of the programme, we dont put players from other clubs on the cover so what was so special about yesterday?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There was so many plastic Albion fans there yesterday, where were they all for the Ipswich game and Brentford before that? Probably sat at home playing with them selves over the excitment of seeing the Arsenal coach parked up in the usual spot away team coaches are parked and looking exactly the same as a coach you can see every day on a road. Yet people still stood by it and took pictures of it. Baffling stuff.

How do you know they weren't there?

I usually head over to the away coach after a game, yesterday was no different. I now have a world cup winner's autograph, no harm in that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
On the FLS when the opposition coach arrives at the ground and they show a load of sad men and women lining the barrier waiting for autographs and you can see the disdain in the manager/player's eyes as they sign the scrapbook or whatever. Kids I can understand, but adults?

Sad? It takes all sorts. I personally would never autograph hunt as an adult but I would've been very excited about it as a kid. I suppose some people just don't grow out of their childish excitement but at least they looked happy. Some might think it's sad coming on here to sneer at them but I suppose it makes you happy too. Live and let live.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sad? It takes all sorts. I personally would never autograph hunt as an adult but I would've been very excited about it as a kid. I suppose some people just don't grow out of their childish excitement but at least they looked happy. Some might think it's sad coming on here to sneer at them but I suppose it makes you happy too. Live and let live.

I'm not sure whether having a naked woman's butt as a 'clever avatar' undermines any moral stance, but yes, I accept your point. My 40 year old sister has mental health issues, is a rabid autograph hunter/celebrity botherer who is well used to disdainful looks from those she stalks outside theatres and gig venues with her autograph book, but still she goes back for more.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
How do you know they weren't there?

I usually head over to the away coach after a game, yesterday was no different. I now have a world cup winner's autograph, no harm in that.

Im refering to before the game and it was quiet obvious as they were so amazed by it whilst wearing their half and half scarves and trying to work out where they were going.

What are you going to do with someones name squiggled on a piece of paper?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Watching kids and GROWN MEN AND WOMEN wearing BRIGHTON scarves, hats and/or Shirts but crowding desperately round the Arsenal team bus with cameras and autograph books begging for view of the players.
"Theo! Theo look at me! Nice goal!" :sick:

FFS wearing Brighton gear! If you want to support Arsenal support them, instead of pretending to support Brighton and after we lose just switch sides... :angry:

If that is really how you feel, you will enjoy this then... (perhaps you should prepare yourself with a sick-bucket)...

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ictures-from-brighton-v-arsenal.-2225937.aspx

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Im refering to before the game and it was quiet obvious as they were so amazed by it whilst wearing their half and half scarves and trying to work out where they were going.

What are you going to do with someones name squiggled on a piece of paper?

1) I think half and half scarves are rather crass and nasty but they do not necessarily denote plastics.
2) Working out where they were going: All right I'll give you that.
3) Most likely not a lot, but there's an awful lot of stuff and possessions people don't really do a lot with. Are my autographs from Mullery and Knight reasonable then or are they just worthless bits of paper too?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
1) I think half and half scarves are rather crass and nasty but they do not necessarily denote plastics.
2) Working out where they were going: All right I'll give you that.
3) Most likely not a lot, but there's an awful lot of stuff and possessions people don't really do a lot with. Are my autographs from Mullery and Knight reasonable then or are they just worthless bits of paper too?

Well the club have distanced themselves from Knight by taking him off the legends wall so i would class his as a bit worthless.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Well the club have distanced themselves from Knight by taking him off the legends wall so i would class his as a bit worthless.

By Knight I meant Dick Knight. If it's him you're talking about I'm speechless. After what he did for the club.....

If you mean Leon Knight then I hadn't realised they'd taken him down and wouldn't be very interested in his signature anyway.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
By Knight I meant Dick Knight. If it's him you're talking about I'm speechless. After what he did for the club.....

If you mean Leon Knight then I hadn't realised they'd taken him down and wouldn't be very interested in his signature anyway.

I was referring to Leon Knight, didnt think someone would be interested in his signiture.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Gotta agree with some of the earlier posts on the topic, if I had a chance of getting a cheeky selfie with Ozil (a world cup winner) or Sanchez I'd be at the front of the queue, to say you've met the best of the best is pretty special, not sure on the issue there.

Also I have a half and half scarf from the game against Donny at home as a material memento that can accompany the pics and memories in my head from the day when I tell my kids, and their kids after them that I was there the day we finally graced our new ground. Can I expect my kids to brand me a Doncaster plastic? ???:lolol:

Honestly the anger and stupidity on here over this is ridiculous. Get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here