Lynch coming to Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am looking forward to Joel Lynch coming to play at the Amex and hope that he plays left back and is then tested for speed by Buckley/Noone/Lua Lua take your pick. He could play central defence and then it would CMS I dont care either way.

One thing I do know is that at the after match interview Cotterell will say that Forest were the better side irrespective of whether we win 10 - 0 or only draw.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Good player at this level Lynch, I don't know why people knock him so much, he'd walk into our team. Much like Hammond, after he's left he's become an established Championship player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure about that he has only got into the side since hoof ball Cotterell has been there, although he thinks he is an established Championship player who should be in the Prem. Think he will get slaughtered by our wingers and also CMS if marking him

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Not sure about that he has only got into the side since hoof ball Cotterell has been there, although he thinks he is an established Championship player who should be in the Prem. Think he will get slaughtered by our wingers and also CMS if marking him

Its sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him BG?

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton

The sort of player we're crying out for. Versatile, ball playing centre-half who has bags of pace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The sort of player we're crying out for. Versatile, ball playing centre-half who has bags of pace.

and gives the opposition at least one clear run on goal a game by either brain freeze or trying to dribble the ball out of defence. He may of course have improved but I doubt his ego has shrunk and I can't see him getting on with Gus.

If CMS can skin him a couple of times he'll probably go down with an injury.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I always thought he was quality and destined for the premiership. Adams ruined his Albion career, dropping him for Hawkins and anyone else who could clear the ball in to the stand rather than taking a second touch...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't it against Forest that Lynch cost us a horrendous goal once by overplaying it, going all Bambi-on-ice and getting caught in possession, leaving their guy in a 1 on 1 which he slotted away ? Think it proved to be the winner as well.

Still always rated him though, I reckon Gus'd soon knock the rough edges off him. I'd have him back here in a JIFFY.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets. I know lot's on here seem to think he's a bit too big for his boots and were glad to see him go.

Personally I thought he was a class act for us and I think he was effectively forced out. He'll be getting a round of applause from me.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets. I know lot's on here seem to think he's a bit too big for his boots and were glad to see him go.

Personally I thought he was a class act for us and I think he was effectively forced out. He'll be getting a round of applause from me.

Let's face a fair proportion of the crowd won't have heard of him.

francisg1

Montone English
Jul 26, 2004
Cardiff
Saw Lynch play against Cardiff on Saturday. Played centre back and looked pretty decent to be fair, though Cardiff didn't exactly put a lot of pressure on the Forest defence. Forest on the whole didn't look great - Greening was involved in a lot in the centre of the park and McGugan was lively as you'd expect but not a lot else.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
don't care about lynch as an individual...he's a forest player and like the rest of his team i hope we send them back to nottingham with nil points

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
As an individual, he is a bit of a **** . As a football player yes he is a championship player and would fit well into our system now but because he is a **** I am happy he is at Forest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Carrying on with my current 'out muscled' mantra.

Even though I've not seen hide nor hair of him since his Albion days, I still bet he's cut from the same block that all of Southampton & West Ham, seemed to be.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
He'd been a regular at centre half under Wilkins in 2007-8 alongside Tommy Elphick and was pretty good - didn't we go a fair few games without conceding a goal during that season? (not that I was a great Wilkins fan). As a left back though, I thought he was poor and Mansfield was only one of several bad performances there. People raved over his debut against Southampton in 2005-6, but if I remember right, he was done for their winning goal. For some reason, Adams seemed to prefer Colin Hawkins over Lynch, even after Hawkins had a stinker at Northampton and he threw a wobbler, and got sent on loan to Forest. If a player gets dropped, should he settle down and fight for his place back? Undoubtedly yes, and Lynch's ego got the better of him, but what Adams saw in Hawkins over him I can't think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports