Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
It's a sad day when we are forced into tampering with the ball in order to stay vaguely competitive. I expect us to be deducted about 25 points and be forced to be play our games behind closed doors.

Yardy was picking the seam apart with his teeth and Wright had a can of WD40 in his pocket. Were loose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am stunned by our turn around from 20-2. This has been a stunning performance to post 400+ and gut the carrot crunchers for 200 odd. This is us putting down a marker and saying " We are Sussex, and this is what we can do " however, it will be all down hill from here, we've peaked far to early.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lucky for the game we served up an afternoon buffet

We need to knock them over and then try and bat the game out, putting them in around tea on day 4, without a spinner we will never take another 11 wickets

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I agree. This is not a winning position. It's no good just having a lead of 700. We also have to keep them in the field until there are fewer than 100 overs left or we'll regret it. And our dolly lobbers need about 200 overs to bowl anyone out so there's simply no winning outcome possible. The weather is against us too by all accounts. Were dumbed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we, by some remote chance, get to bat again I think we should declare straight away just to save face.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it too early in the season to call for Barber's removal ?

He's been out so many times this season already.

Caught out- numerous occasions with lack of talent in the squad
Stumped- by bad form
LBW- loans before wins
Run Out- of time to get a decent squad pre-season
Timed Out-for the same reason as above

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We've not been any good since Gus was sacked; best 'manager' the Club ever had and so we let him go to our greatest rivals! Supporters have never been told the real reason(s) and the Chablis at Eaton Road has been awful ever since. Greene King out, Robbo out!
I have written to Zac Toumazi about this and he assures me that swilling Chablis on the terrace is very much back on his agenda for this summer. He also mentioned some exciting developments in the coaching structure that might lead to an upturn in our batting fortunes.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I have written to Zac Toumazi about this and he assures me that swilling Chablis on the terrace is very much back on his agenda for this summer. He also mentioned some exciting developments in the coaching structure that might lead to an upturn in our batting fortunes.

Did he call you a customer though?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
TEN runs off the first over, a sign of things to come.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
231 all out

Very sporting of Hants to give us a chance

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hampshire all out - clever ploy to give themselves a little more time to knock off the small target we will no doubt set them. All over by COP today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here