[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Nottinghamshire v Sussex at Nottingham, Jun 1-4

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why am I bothering to listen to this sh*t? (This is a rhetorical question, btw).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gurney to Wright, OUT
LJ Wright b Gurney 39 (46m 36b 8x4 0x6) SR: 108.33

Gurney to Wright, FOUR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
93/6 off 20 overs, so a run rate of 4.65 - not dissimilar to that of a 50 over one-day match

In all seriousness does anyone get the feeling that the players aren't that fussed by 4-day cricket?

Oh, four more as I type and there's the 7th wicket...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
93/6 off 20 overs, so a run rate of 4.65 - not dissimilar to that of a 50 over one-day match

In all seriousness does anyone get the feeling that the players aren't that fussed by 4-day cricket?

Well, if they're not that fussed with 4 day cricket, after the inpet bowling display versus Middlesex, which format are they bothering with?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
specsavers.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, if they're not that fussed with 4 day cricket, after the inpet bowling display versus Middlesex, which format are they bothering with?

Where is the application from the batsmen? We appear to have thrown in the towel here.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Where is the application from the batsmen? We appear to have thrown in the towel here.

Every county match they all seem to come out trying to hit a boundary every ball - the coaching staff have to take a lot of the blame for this. I wonder if Robbo's not been properly focussed lately?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

In all seriousness, the players are all playing for the success of their livelihood and can be presumed to be extremely "fussed" about their performances in this match and every other match they play.

Whether they currently have necessary skills and confidence to bat against decent red ball exponents, on a bowler's wicket, is a better question...

Notts' top 5 batsmen managed a total of 96 runs in this match. Wells, Yardy, Nash, Machan, Cachopa, Wright, Brown and Jordan all deserve more chances in better conditions before being judged too harshly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports