Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One 2015 Durham vs Sussex April 26 - 29

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good commentary from Durham bloke.

Machan's luck runs out on 80.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surrey :bowdown: still doing a good job of pretending not to be a completely different class to the rest of Division Two

Its easy for us Sussex folk to be sniffy about Surrey's efforts, but to be fair to them, the standard is undoubtably appreciably higher in the top league.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Its easy for us Sussex folk to be sniffy about Surrey's efforts, but to be fair to them, the standard is undoubtably appreciably higher in the top league.

Indeed, a different class of cricket. Obviously it's still too easy for Lancashire though, enforcing the follow-on against Kent.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As with the previous match, we need to get a lead of 275 at least to have any chance.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Is the wicket starting to actually do a bit?

I think so, sounds like Machan got one that rolled along the floor, but Brown got one that reared up.

For a lot teams 250 might be enough. However, as it will be our buffet bowlers that are in the field. 1250 would not be enough.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think so, sounds like Machan got one that rolled along the floor, but Brown got one that reared up.

For a lot teams 250 might be enough. However, as it will be our buffet bowlers that are in the field. 1250 would not be enough.

If the wicket is deteriorating - then 275 - 300 would be a challenge, especially facing Magoffin, who is very accurate most of the time. We need to keep an eye on the weather as well, as there's rain forecast tomorrow.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd be interested to hear any reports on how the pitching is looking / wearing / playing.
As per Simmo's post it sounds like Machan and Brown were both victims of unpredictable bounce and I think the commentary referred to a few other deliveries misbehaving too. Normal cricket "lore" would be that anything over 250 is never easy to chase in the final innings under such conditions.

All will be revealed in due course - bound to be more twists and turns.

First goal is for the tail to wag again and set them 300+.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As per Simmo's post it sounds like Machan and Brown were both victims of unpredictable bounce and I think the commentary referred to a few other deliveries misbehaving too. Normal cricket "lore" would be that anything over 250 is never easy to chase in the final innings under such conditions.

All will be revealed in due course - bound to be more twists and turns.

First goal is for the tail to wag again and set them 300+.

Indeed. With our pace attack any variable bounce into day 4 will be a challenge, but as we all know, following Sussex is never straight-forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Most neutrals would probably prefer to be in Sussex's position than Durham.

But then they don't know what we know...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here