Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Luzzing stuff back over your garden fence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd imagine in this hypothetical situation any basketball would, unfortunately, get a puncture when it came over the fence.

Must be landing on something sharp. What are the chances, eh?

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Let's say you lived next door to a very nice family.

Perhaps, hypothetically speaking, you happen to be a miserable tosspot who believes just because you are good neighbours that doesn't mean you have to be good friends, but nevertheless everything is very cordial.

But what if, in that mix there's a 'lively' 8 (or so) year old lad who's a bit of a screamer, and said child accuracy skills give the impression he's an Albion striker in the making.

To finish the obviously very hypothetical conundrum, with clearly no basis in real life, say oh I don't know, the miserabilist house extends past theirs.
That wall may be the perfect place to attach basketball hoop, so every twwwang of missed hoop resonates around the back of this random make-believe home, along with the associated scream.

Under those completely fictional circumstances, how long should one wait before returning:-

1 basketball.
2 other balls
1 sponge dart, now clogging up the gutter.
3 frisbees.
&
1 arrow

That have all arrived since Sunday's clear down of the garden.

Keep chucking them back.

1. It's good for the kid to be outside
2. It'll make you feel good about yourself (deep down, promise...)
3. You never know when you'll need a little goodwill in the opposite direction.
4. It costs you nothing

As they say, pass it on.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
my next door neighbour's in his late 60's. He missed the net and put a golf ball clean through my workshop window. we're still talking.

Do I win £10 ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep chucking them back.

1. It's good for the kid to be outside
2. It'll make you feel good about yourself (deep down, promise...)
3. You never know when you'll need a little goodwill in the opposite direction.
4. It costs you nothing

As they say, pass it on.....

Of course which is why I had a trawl around this morning and luzzed.

Can you even begin to imagine how sad this hypothetical miserablist tosspot must be!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
my next door neighbour's in his late 60's. He missed the net and put a golf ball clean through my workshop window. we're still talking.

Do I win £10 ?

My neighbour isn't in his 60's but he also regularly practices his golf swing in his garden ( I can hear him out there at the moment), a few times a week I have to luzz his stray balls back over to his side of the fence (fnarr fnarr)

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Of course which is why I had a trawl around this morning and luzzed.

Can you even begin to imagine how sad this hypothetical miserablist tosspot must be!

Well of course you did - we all know Stat Bro Mansion is a haven of sweetness and light.

Hypothetically, I'm guessing it's the miserable tosspot hypothetical neighbour on the other side of the kid's fence?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Axe throwing is getting quite trendy now. Maybe attach a target to the wall further down the fence and hope you don't overshoot into their garden as often

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well of course you did - we all know Stat Bro Mansion is a haven of sweetness and light.

Hypothetically, I'm guessing it's the miserable tosspot hypothetical neighbour on the other side of the kid's fence?

Gonna let you, and only you, into a little secret.
It's not a hypothetical miserablist, it's actually me, who's finding it ever harder to return the basketball, and is pained by the quandary...

...but don't tell the rest of them :wink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gonna let you, and only you, into a little secret.
It's not a hypothetical miserablist, it's actually me, who's finding it ever harder to return the basketball, and is pained by the quandary...

...but don't tell the rest of them :wink:

Do you have a pen knife? that you could drop on the ball ? before you throw it back next time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We get on really well with our neighbours, I actually play catch with various sized ball regularly with their 7 year old over the fence, he has a cracking right foot as well problem is it not unknown for the football to go over the neighbour fence on the other side. I pleased to say he is a bhafc fan now as well. So to the thread starter - join in you might enjoy it.

IMG_20210527_101436.jpg

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bloody kids playing outside.........should be locked in their room playing computer games like when I was a lad!

Kids today eh! Dunno they're born.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let's say you lived next door to a very nice family.

Perhaps, hypothetically speaking, you happen to be a miserable tosspot who believes just because you are good neighbours that doesn't mean you have to be good friends, but nevertheless everything is very cordial.

But what if, in that mix there's a 'lively' 8 (or so) year old lad who's a bit of a screamer, and said child accuracy skills give the impression he's an Albion striker in the making.

To finish the obviously very hypothetical conundrum, with clearly no basis in real life, say oh I don't know, the miserabilist house extends past theirs.
That wall may be the perfect place to attach basketball hoop, so every twwwang of missed hoop resonates around the back of this random make-believe home, along with the associated scream.

Under those completely fictional circumstances, how long should one wait before returning:-

1 basketball.
2 other balls
1 sponge dart, now clogging up the gutter.
3 frisbees.
&
1 arrow

That have all arrived since Sunday's clear down of the garden.

I’d be asking for them to chuck the bow over..that arrow is useless otherwise

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can imagine the thumping noise a basketball makes as it hits the house wall must drive one mad.

the pointing will be ruined after a short while. you could sue him for criminal damage. . get the house repossessed, see the kids on the street, with the added bonus of new neighbours.

maybe thats a tad far fetched, but this is NSC.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always throw stuff back, but as you can clearly see, this isn't about me!

If it were me, I'd also be miffed that the little shit have never once asked for stuff back or said thank you, in all the years he's been big enough to chuck his toys in my, sorry I mean, this made up garden.

Me and my mates would have made a point of tormenting you when we were kids you grumpy old git.

Actually you would probably have been ‘whacked’ late one night with a drive by spud gun attack.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Throw them in your neighbours garden, but not the one they came from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here