Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luzzing coins at Kasper Schmeichel

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I appreciate you have to have a 'cut off point' and let football resume as normal, but my (perhaps pathetic) moral compass finds it really hard to get angry at a bloke who watched someone dying in a burning helicopter the other week.

Happy to accept I'm in the minority there.

He was being extremely provocative towards the NS; more so than any other keeper I've seen at the Amex. No excuse for coin throwing though; be interesting to see what, if anything, the club decides to do about it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I asked their handlers. I like dogs and horses, so when I see them at home and away matches, I talk to the handlers/riders. I usually have some extra strong mints for the horses.

My source, who would know, says that telling people who ask what the dogs are looking for "drugs and pyro" is the instruction given to all handlers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My source, who would know, says that telling people who ask what the dogs are looking for "drugs and pyro" is the instruction given to all handlers.

Fair enough, except there were two dogs, and each handler answered differently. You're probably right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think you are the minority but if you are I am with you. Pantomime theatrics Saturday aside Kasper seems a very decent bloke. Considering he must have had a pretty cushy upbringing he conducts himself with a lot more dignity than most modern footballers.

I do wonder if him going ballistic on Saturday we’re more to do with recent events

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd imagine Scmeichel is far too thick skinned to notice a few coins. a socket set would have been more effective.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
One dog I saw on Saturday started barking at an old lady scoot past on a mobility scooter, their handler was trying to keep them quiet presumably thinking it didn't like the scooter.

Maybe the dog was onto something though?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair enough, except there were two dogs, and each handler answered differently. You're probably right.

If the handlers couldn't hear the other's answer, then it brings into doubt whether they're doing what they've been told to!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I asked their handlers. I like dogs and horses, so when I see them at home and away matches, I talk to the handlers/riders. I usually have some extra strong mints for the horses.

Do the extra strong mints throw them off the scent then? (Herr Tubthumper raises a quizzical eye-brow)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why mention something so crass, that is totally irrelevant to the subject in question?

On being wound up by an opposition goal keeper (and he did more winding up than any other keeper I can remember at the Amex) one set of fans decide to throw stuff at him on another occasion a small group start a distasteful song

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Whilst we’re talking about Schmeichel, did anybody else notice the child on his Dad’s shoulders in the North Stand, dressed in his Albion kit, holding up a sign that read ‘Kasper Schmeichel I Love You Please Can I Have Your Shirt’ ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst we’re talking about Schmeichel, did anybody else notice the child on his Dad’s shoulders in the North Stand, dressed in his Albion kit, holding up a sign that read ‘Kasper Schmeichel I Love You Please Can I Have Your Shirt’ ?

Yeh, I saw the brat. He was wearing a signed Eden Hazard Chelsea 2017/18 top. I’m surprised the nipper didn’t have to endure an Agincourtlike barrage of coins.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On being wound up by an opposition goal keeper (and he did more winding up than any other keeper I can remember at the Amex) one set of fans decide to throw stuff at him on another occasion a small group start a distasteful song

Well if he's an annoying little prick , then it's best not to get wound up over it and focus on the case in hand, which is Albion winning the next two games :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One dog I saw on Saturday started barking at an old lady scoot past on a mobility scooter, their handler was trying to keep them quiet presumably thinking it didn't like the scooter.

Maybe the dog was onto something though?

Wasn't there an episode of Morse where Lewis went undercover in a cricket team, and the cricket chairman was smuggling drugs under the seat of his wheelchair. All indicates more action should have been taken given the dog may have been onto something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here