Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Okay....3 - 5 it is.....
steele absolutely dreadful tonight but the fact that this is so often the case that we concede these silly margins from not many shots tells me (as well as by watching the games) that we just seem to give away extraordinarily high quality chances. once the ball is given away in the middle of the park it’s pretty much a certain big chance or goal. midfield recruitment in the summer frankly nowhere near good enough. when you sell a £115M player and the replacement isn’t deemed ready to start over halfway through the season, that much is evident

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Half time.

First of all, credit to Luton for playing to their strengths. They've absolutely done us so far.

We might get a goal, or maybe two, but three or more is surely too much to ask - unless this becomes the kind of game we'll be talking about in 10 or 20 years time.

By far the worst RDZ game for us so far. He's got it completely wrong, from the tactics, to the choice of keeper.

All of the team have been horrid. Mainly due to Luton's successful strategy.

Worst performance in a half for a very long time, again, credit to the opposition for forcing it.

If we get anything from this it will be a miracle.

Only saving grace could be that they won't be able to keep up that extremely hard press for the remainder of the 90 minutes.
Nothing to do with tactics. Just asleep for the first 3 mins.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The scoreline is obviously shocking but it’s another first half where we’ve not threatened going forward. I thought the club always paid a lot of attention to the underlying stats so you’d think they would be more concerned with the fact our attempts on goal along with XG have been low for a while.
Considering all our wingers have been out that’s hardly super surprising

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Luton are so all over us - tackling and aggressive football - Chasing everything - We have absolutely no clue how to handle them at all. None of the play is on our terms.

We need a radical change of tactics - we need to take back control of the pace and stop them forcing us to overplay our forward passes.

It is not any one player … we can’t fcuking breathe at the moment….

Ideas on a postcard please ….
Perversely quite enjoying it as a game of football.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We have got out of the habit of chasing, so can’t react when we need to. Luton have rumbled our style and have the ammo to deal with it. Chase, high balls, crosses and fight for every ball. Fair play to them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember a shocking half against Leicester, reminds me of that

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
steele absolutely dreadful tonight but the fact that this is so often the case in terms of the stats tells me (as well as by watching the games) that we just seem to give away extraordinarily high quality chances. once the ball is given away in the middle of the park it’s pretty much a certain big chance or goal. midfield recruitment in the summer frankly nowhere near good enough. when you sell a £115M player and the replacement isn’t deemed ready to start over halfway through the season, that much is evident
Bullshit. Steele has not been to blame. It’s our defenders. I knew some twat with an agenda would pop up. Do f*** off.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just looked out of my window and saw Elvis Presley and Lord Lucan having a wank which is much more likely than what you are suggesting

Who’ll be our manager come August? Russell Martin my guess.

Imho RDZ won’t put up with a squad with glory holes, he’s outgrown the Albion.

What is my mind doing?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What a half from Luton. As dreadful as we’ve been, Luton have been absolutely superb. Shocking levels from our point of view, but this one is on the gaffer.

We’ve been thoroughly exposed on both flanks, they’ve got the run on this every time they knock it into the channels. Too much is going through Gilmour and, yet again we are recycling possession when we need to shoot or cross.

A really, really bad half against a team possessed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here