Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton/Spurs/Sheff Utd away tickets

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But then they may have set the points higher as they would have had more, like you, meeting the cut off.

They would have known prior to the West Ham game how many fans that had bought tickets and would be in tier one (less no shows at West Ham) but only after sales had stopped. Therefore if you and others jumped in to buy West Ham tickets when they were available the likelihood is the tier 1 points would be higher and you'd still miss out.
Exactly this. As @Is it PotG? pointed out a lot earlier on the thread.

Our allocation will go to the highest 1000 or so points holders for Luton because T1 = allocation as pointed out by @Bozza

So if you're going to add on Stoke points then 4000 people just got 15 extra points. You can't JUST add your own points on and say 'I would have made it'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Oh wow that low. I thought they had to give us 10%?
They literally never have, apart from that 8pm Saturday FA Cup game, as that is an uncapped 15%. It's why we had the top tier as well when we don't for league games.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They better do small ranges for Europa but can see a risk they won’t given the short window between knowing the draw and the away match (23rd feb-march 7).

These will be our allocations of potential teams jn the last 16 with an allocation below 2.5k. We can assume if currently have 300 points you’ll be guaranteed for 2.5k and more allocation if add a couple of games until feb 24th).

Also since away game is first means interest should be a little lower.

Rennes -1.5k
Toulouse - 1.6k
Braga - 1.5k
Qarabag - 1.6k
Sparta - 900
Lens - 1.9k
Freiburg - 1.7k
YB - 1.5k

Jimmy Grimble

I said this when this issue came up with Ajax away tickets:

“I’m coming at it more from the angle that it’s harsh on those who are on 264, as they are thrown in to compete with those on 221. That’s a pretty big gap. I know the line has to be drawn somewhere, but would it not be more fair to stagger it with more tiers something like:

Tier 1 - 265+
Tier 2 - 250-264
Tier 3 - 235-249
Tier 4 -220-234

Could perhaps be separated by a few hours for each slot.”

And stand by it. For lower allocation, higher demand games the club need to do better to those who have been more ‘loyal’. An arbitrary 25% of remaining STH is not a fair system every time. It certainly ends the idea of Bloom’s special algorithm that some on here had spoken of before! It’s actually way too basic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
They better do small ranges for Europa but can see a risk they won’t given the short window between knowing the draw and the away match (23rd feb-march 7).

These will be our allocations of potential teams jn the last 16 with an allocation below 2.5k. We can assume if currently have 300 points you’ll be guaranteed for 2.5k and more allocation if add a couple of games until feb 24th).

Rennes -1.5k
Toulouse - 1.6k
Braga - 1.5k
Qarabag - 1.6k
Sparta - 900
Lens - 1.9k
Freiburg - 1.7k
YB - 1.5k
Ranges for Europe are based on everyone who registers and not ALL season ticket holders.

Therefore
T1 = allocation as a subset of those who registered.
T2 (using the Bozza method) = Bottom points set at first 25% of season ticket holders who registered

Just in your examples I would expect many more to register for Lens or Freiburg than Qarabag. So points would be different for almost all those options.

Sparta would be a total binfest with a huge number of registrations and fewest tickets. Like the Dam, most will go ticketless.

Rennes -1.5k
Toulouse - 1.6k
Braga - 1.5k
Qarabag - 1.6k
Sparta - 900
Lens - 1.9k
Freiburg - 1.7k
YB - 1.5k
Cheers - very interesting. Looks like the nightmare tie in the playoffs is Sparta v the Baku lads. One of those is going to get through lol

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But then they may have set the points higher as they would have had more, like you, meeting the cut off.

They would have known prior to the West Ham game how many fans that had bought tickets and would be in tier one (less no shows at West Ham) but only after sales had stopped. Therefore if you and others jumped in to buy West Ham tickets when they were available the likelihood is the tier 1 points would be higher and you'd still miss out.
Yeah you may be right that maybe if it was obvious that going to West Ham would make sure you had the extra points in place before the Luton ticket sales, a few more may have purchased. But I'm not convinced it would have caused huge inflation in the points market for the top 1000. I'm probably quite unusual in being someone who goes to about 2/3 or 3/4 of aways that didn't go to West Ham.

As I've said a few times it's not actually a complaint, I've been to Luton away a lot of times and I am not *that* upset to be missing it, although it would be a nice little throwback to away days gone by.

But if you're someone like myself who probably misses about one in four/one in three away games, my point was simply that the exact dates the club decide to give out loyalty points and put tickets on sale can affect whether you make the cut or not. There's some who are just absolutely in the top tier, missing very few, and the gap between myself and them will just grow each season. But there will be loads of us bobbing up and down in the league table over a season and whether we've just missed a game that others attended, or vice versa, can definitely mean something.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, but it's not fair is it. Someone on 380 surely deserves to have a better chance of going than someone on 246. Given there will be three sales as well, the queuing system will be in place so chances are the person on 380 misses out.

Ps) I'm on 400+ so I'm alright Jack but this isn't fair.

I get there may be time pressures, but in which case why not stick in a 2pm window for say 320+ ?
I agree to a point but I wonder whether the wide window is to create a bigger pool of people able to buy returns and comps when they go on sale. There are usually further opportunities for those in the sold out window to buy if you keep an eye on the website.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
My issue isn’t with the allocation of the required points to get tickets.

It’s the fact that all 3 go on sale at the same time, the system won’t cope and we will all be struggling to get online. Throw in the fact it’s £90 to purchase in one hit just after Xmas makes it a proper shithouse move by the club.

Jimmy Grimble

@Bozza, did you get an explanation/justification of the club’s system or just a statement of this is how we do it?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My issue isn’t with the allocation of the required points to get tickets.

It’s the fact that all 3 go on sale at the same time, the system won’t cope and we will all be struggling to get online. Throw in the fact it’s £90 to purchase in one hit just after Xmas makes it a proper shithouse move by the club.
Don't forget the ST renewal emails should be out next week. :ohmy:

Jimmy Grimble

As a point of comparison, this is how Villa stagger their tier system. Not saying it’s perfect but having more brackets of fans certainly seems more fair.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As a point of comparison, this is how Villa stagger their tier system. Not saying it’s perfect but having more brackets of fans certainly seems more fair.

Whatever the thresholds are, whichever sizes, some will always be 'one point out' or similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here