Votes: 131 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No pressure on these two competing in the MOST VALUABLE GAME OF FOOTBALL IN THE WORLD EVER EVER.

But who do you want to triumph?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I love the retro kit, so it’s got be Coventry!

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Luton away was my first ever away game when I was a youngster. It ended 1-1 but my only memory was the fighting in the away end, still the worst I ever remember. Fans being stretchered out by St. John’s…

Coventry for me, I think,,,

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Coventry, would be great to see Gyokeres fire them into the PL.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I hate Luton.
Or to be truthful I hated Luton
Stems from going to a lot of their games as a yoof because I couldn’t get back down to Brighton for games
A few schoolmates went so I went
I felt dirty at times
When we played them (like the 1-1 draw in the promotion year 79) I went in the away end

But now, watching the crap they’ve been through (Google John Gurney) it would be ok if they came up.

Plus those old schoolmates are still friends so it will be fun to see them crash and burn at the top level, while giving them the finance to build their new stadium.

Nothing against Coventry at all - they’ve been through the mill too

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Could any of us imagined that night of the Second Leg FL Trophy Semi at Luton in 2009, Micky’s last game, FDM’s howler, that we’d be having this conversation?

Luton’s backstory is right up there with ours, as is Coventry’s, so it’s a tough one, I think I will have to side with Luton for in some ways bucking the EPL trend, Coventry tick all the boxes, big city, large potential fan base, whilst we also now tick the boxes for many years at the Withdean we were an inconvenience to the establishment, that still gives me a buzz over a decade later.

So let’s have Luton, and the old fashioned Kenilworth Road at the top table, let them nick a few points here and there (just not off us) and make it to the second season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Luton - my mother’s family team. My Uncle in Southampton who died age 90 on Maundy Thursday was a lifelong fan!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No pressure on these two competing in the MOST VALUABLE GAME OF FOOTBALL IN THE WORLD EVER EVER.

It might not be as valuable for Coventry.

There's the possibility if they win Mr Bloom (as it's good news for the Albion, Barber-Out won't be involved) will bankrupt them, when they get a magnifying glass out to look at clause 73 sub section 13.7 of the Gyokeres contract.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Coventry all the way. Lived there for 8 years. PUSB!!!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Coventry please.

Even if I liked Luton enough to want them promoted, the pitiful away allocation would get right on my tits.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hate Luton.
Or to be truthful I hated Luton
Stems from going to a lot of their games as a yoof because I couldn’t get back down to Brighton for games
A few schoolmates went so I went
I felt dirty at times
When we played them (like the 1-1 draw in the promotion year 79) I went in the away end

But now, watching the crap they’ve been through (Google John Gurney) it would be ok if they came up.

Plus those old schoolmates are still friends so it will be fun to see them crash and burn at the top level, while giving them the finance to build their new stadium.

Nothing against Coventry at all - they’ve been through the mill too
Basically Luton is a :poop: hole.
Coventry all the way for me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Coventry for me. Their fans have gone through the mill with bad ownership threatening the very existence of their club. Avery familiar tale.

I don’t care for Luton, it’s a dump their fans can be extremely unpleasant , but it would be churlish of me not to acknowledge what an achievement it would be if they did make it. It would be astonishing.

For me Cov have the edge but really for a neutral you could not wish for a better final a fairytale winner is guarantee, good luck to both of them.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Luton for two reasons, not that I am bothered about them as such. Luton is closer to us so I am thinking of the fans who go to away matches. Also, has Gyokeres not got a sell-on clause and might be tempted to jon a PL club if Coventry don't make it and I think I read that the Albion stand to gain a couple of million.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My Son in Law is a Luton STH.

So, Coventry all the way for me😂😂😂😂

Only kidding, I was given the chance to go today, but Wembley is such an arse ache I’ll watch on the telly.Luton’s back story is almost as compelling as ours, I think the FA shafted them, more than they shafted us.

Below is the flags the fans are taking into Wembley today.

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Coventry for me. Their fans have gone through the mill with bad ownership threatening the very existence of their club. Avery familiar tale.

I don’t care for Luton, it’s a dump their fans can be extremely unpleasant , but it would be churlish of me not to acknowledge what an achievement it would be if they did make it. It would be astonishing.

For me Cov have the edge but really for a neutral you could not wish for a better final a fairytale winner is guarantee, good luck to both of them.
Luton’s backstory is actually worse than Covs. John Gurney was a piece of work, he really was. And caused their dramatic fall out of the league. But it is an absolute dump of a place 😃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here