Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Steele Barnsley Keeper

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But then again, do you want a keeper from a team thats just been relegated from your league?

Marshall at Cardiff has been the best shot stopper in the PL this season......sometimes it's all about the defence in front of the keeper

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Steele has around 270 appearances at Championship level...which would make any potential transfer very low risk, as he has shown he is capable of playing at this level for a sustained period. There would be much more risk associated with signing a much younger player. At 29, Steele would be around for another 6-7 years.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
Saw Stech at a preseason game at my local club Torquay get rounded by a first year academy player and made to look a right fool.

I've always been of the opinion he's a bit overrated, but I've only seen him 2/3 times to be honest.

Hamer and Steele - again, unsure about both.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Goal keeper coach/player at Man City

Right, last I head of him he was at Ipswich.

I remember when I was a kid, on Football Manager back in the day you could sign him when he was really young and he became a really good keeper haha

Keepers usually hit there best around 28-ish, they hit their prime alot older than outfield players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here