Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Leiva

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We have Bruno, a player with a Spanish football brain adapted to English football brilliantly.
Lucas the same, but a Brazilian mentality, so why not?
No brainer!!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
340 appearances for Liverpool and their fans cannot think of anything he has contributed.
No different to what we already have in Sidwell & Norwood.
We need height and pace (Loftus-Cheek).
Need to sign players that improve the team.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
340 appearances for Liverpool and their fans cannot think of anything he has contributed.

Ah so the managers that picked him continuously since 2007 were all wrong. Got it.

I remember England fans continuously misunderstanding the reason people like James Milner and Emile Heskey were always picked......yet players CONTINUALLY referenced those two as great players to play with.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

"No different to what we have in Sidwell & Norwood". Give me a break!
What he does is clear up and stops the breakaway from opposing midfield to offence. Used to be called a sweeper in my day and that is why he gets those decisions against him outside the box, far better than in it.
About 20% of LFC fans don't think he plays "In the Liverpool Way", i.e. Wants to get forward in every attack. He's also a Brazilian whose game is more about solidity and blocking than flicks and tricks.
Think Dunga not Lucas Moura. Not going to happen but comparing him to Sidwell and Norward shows a complete lack of insight into his game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What a RIDICULOUS post. Even if he plays exactly the same role as Sidwell or Norwood (he doesn't, btw), then signing a BETTER player in the same role quite obviously improves the team.

Its like saying we have a striker, so signing another one can't improve the team.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If there's any truth in it then we could take this as a possible indication of a change of tactic from CH or, at the very least, giving us other options aside from our 4-4-2.

He said in an interview after promotion that he probably wouldn't be able to play 4-4-2 as often, especially away from home.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Absolutely brainless. A player with 340 appearances for a perennial top 6 team is now not as good as Sidwell, Norwood and Loftus-Cheek (who has played about 5 games for Chelsea).

Christ some of our fans are thick.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't turn him down. Would like Chris to bring in a nice mix of young and old this season though, our squad is really starting to age and we could be up shit creek without a paddle if we go back down.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would be an incredible signing. One of the hardest working players in the premier league. Suspect a Stoke or west brom would get him ahead of us.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good solid player, bags of experience at this level, would allow us some flexibility in formation that I suspect will be needed.

You have to fear wages might be an issue though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be a great signing for us. Type of player we need to play 4-3-3 more and the kind of Premier League experience we lack currently. However, while this is more realistic than YaYa Toure and one or two others I've seen linked, I think even if he leaves Liverpool, he'll get better offers than ours.

The only hope we have is if he's not worried about money (as he must have earned a lot in his career to date) and wants to be a key part of a project and help to consolidate our position in the Premier League.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here, and there's a lot of competition. You quote one Liverpool fan, who is clearly as clueless as you, and then suggest he would be no different to Sidwell and Norwood, when he clearly is different (and much better).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You've selected the view of one anti Lucas Leiva writer.

Many other fans and writers rate him as someone who shields his CB's, has a great tackle success rate and lays it off to players with a greater offensive skill set. When he first joined Liverpool, he was heavily criticised as not good enough, frustration borne out of the then owners not spending big bucks in every position unlike other clubs. He later won over most of his doubters. He can also fill in at CB.

Don't know if he'll join us or not, but I mention this to give balance.

Yep, just thought it was interesting (and it was the last post in a long thread I couldn't be arsed to read). You presumably read my own view earlier in the thread for what I think

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He plays the Stephens role, right?

Good player but not sure it's a priority position for us NOW (thanks Dale)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here