• Lua Lua

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Bennett

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bennett is the more all rounded player...at the moment, although Kaz was unplayable yesterday. Kaz makes the wrong decision too often or is wild in his shooting when running with the ball. If this wasn't the case though, he'd be playing in the Premier.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Lua lua possibly on his day, but for me Bennet is the complete winger so gone for him

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
two different players, beno is better at crossing, and passing. where as lua lua is better at taking people on and long range shoting( saying that beno hits some class long shots)

its like asking whos better, dicker or nav

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bennett.......for now.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Not sure if it's just me, but I don't class Bennett as a winger anymore. He's more of a roving attacking midfielder who likes to pick the ball up in the spaces between the opposition's midfield & defence, and drive us forward with his pace and creativity.

LuaLua's much more of an out and out winger in that he'll hug the touch-line, use his irresistable pace and power to beat his man (or men) and get crosses into the box. Or cut inside and have a pop on goal. That's what is generally considered the role of a winger, and he's bloody effective at it.

Bennett is the more complete player, and offers us so much in so many areas - Gus knows this and keeps the opposition guessing when you look at the variety of ways in which he has deployed Elliott so far this season. LuaLua is the better 'winger' though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bennett by a smidge at the moment.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Bennett isn't a winger these days as We're the Stripes says. He's a string puller.

What I do like however is that the opposition all think about LuaLua all the time - which creates opennings etc. But we know that this is anything but a one trick pony of a team. Goals from all over the pitch - match winners everywhere. I'd say Bennett is a more rounded player, but KLL is more high profile and will improve.

(PS Elliott has time to improve too - he's only 22 ffs! Not the finished article yet).

Last edited by a moderator:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
we would miss bennett if he didnt play. not taking it away from lua lua tho, he is f***ing class ad i love watching him. please sell him newcastle :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bennett by a mile in my view as more creative and also starting to dictate play.

Learning really quickly with us how to become very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here