Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua & Solly from the start, just what we needed!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hang on, I thought what we needed was TWO UP FRONT? I thought it was scientifically impossible to score more than one goal unless you play with TWO STRIKERS? I thought I read we scored 4 last night, but I must have been mistaken because without TWO UP FRONT it's impossible to score goals and must be a defensive formation.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hang on, I thought what we needed was TWO UP FRONT? I thought it was scientifically impossible to score more than one goal unless you play with TWO STRIKERS? I thought I read we scored 4 last night, but I must have been mistaken because without TWO UP FRONT it's impossible to score goals and must be a defensive formation.

I am sure someone will be along later to tell us that we did play with 2 up front, because Lingard is a striker, apparently. And as we all now, strikers can ONLY play in the middle.

I also read that we won because we played 4-2-3-1. Could have sworn that this is how we always line up, or perhaps it is because we had 3 quick players in the 3 that suddenly we have changed? Oh well, one of the 3 will be injured for Saturday, JFC/Dave/Rod will be picked in their place and suddenly we will have gone all defensive again.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What the Newport game we were 1 up and in control of until Calderon was sent off? Oh and the Forest game where the entire team switched off just after half time and we conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes?

Glad you mentioned Leicester at home as that was the last game I remember watching where we showed some real attacking threat and pace going forward. It was a thrill to watch and the team look completely at ease playing that way.

Now shall I reel off the list of matches since those games you mentioned where we have setup negatively and struggled to score goals or gain points as I think there are more than the 2 you gave managed to pick out

My main point is last night (and the games you mention) we have proved we have goals in this side you just need to take the handbrake off

Yep, those games where we scored only one goal, like we normally do, but had two wingers. My point is that there seems to be a myth that Oscar has never played two wingers before, and as soon as he did we would get goals galore.

I don't agree that Oscar has set up negatively in any game, he had Bridcutt and Ince on against Leicester, if we had lost that game he would have been accused of setting up negatively with two defensive midfielders.

I picked those two out as they were early in the season when we had two fit wingers, and both played, most of the season we have been lucky if we had one fit winger.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
OG has listened to the fans ... at last! Shame we have a manager (coach) who can't figure these things out for himself.

I haven't a clue why posters would give you 'thumbs down' for that perfectly accurate assessment. A number of folk on here have been screaming for him to do this for a few weeks now. I pray that he won't revert to sticking Ulloa up front on his own ever again.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't a clue why posters would give you 'thumbs down' for that perfectly accurate assessment. A number of folk on here have been screaming for him to do this for a few weeks now. I pray that he won't revert to sticking Ulloa up front on his own ever again.

I guess we have some very odd people on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here