Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua, not going to USA with Toon

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I feel sorry for the lad, he seems to be stuck in limbo. If the rumours are true and he failed his medical, why not loan him to us and let him prove his fitness?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
on another thread last night it was suggested that someone at NUFC was saying that KLL had been told to look for another club.

It's got to happen now surely? Just a matter of getting the terms right on a loan to buy deal...............................

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
on another thread last night it was suggested that someone at NUFC was saying that KLL had been told to look for another club.

It's got to happen now surely? Just a matter of getting the terms right on a loan to buy deal...............................

It was in the chronicle

NUFC's fringe players facing axe in revamp - NUFC Latest News - Newcastle United - ChronicleLive

NUFC's fringe players facing axe in revamp
by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle
Jul 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted it is crunch time for some of his Newcastle United fringe players.

United stars have been filing back to the club’s Benton training base in groups this week in order to undergo fitness tests, with the real grindstone of pre-season starting tomorrow when the Magpies will train together for the first time.

However, several players have been told they are surplus to requirements on Tyneside and can leave the club, including Leon Best, Nile Ranger, Alan Smith and Kazenga LuaLua

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This has surely got to happen.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was in the chronicle

NUFC's fringe players facing axe in revamp - NUFC Latest News - Newcastle United - ChronicleLive

Jul 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted it is crunch time for some of his Newcastle United fringe players.

United stars have been filing back to the club’s Benton training base in groups this week in order to undergo fitness tests, with the real grindstone of pre-season starting tomorrow when the Magpies will train together for the first time.

However, several players have been told they are surplus to requirements on Tyneside and can leave the club, including Leon Best, Nile Ranger, Alan Smith and Kazenga LuaLua

there you go. :)

let's have him on a free with add-ons if he plays more than half a season/full season/scores goals etc. The insurance wouldn't be such an issue then I'm guessing? Sign-him up over the weekend. I demand it :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
This has surely got to happen.

maybe not

if newcastle want to get rid permanently now, then we are obviously not going to be in the running unless poyet does a massive u-turn and takes a risk on a player who has failed a medical. and for the money the deal will no doubt involve, i hope he doesnt do that no matter how good lualua is

if its a choice between our loan offer and a permanent, cash deal from say southampton, newcastle are always going to accept the permanent option. that way he is off their staff. if he comes on loan to us, breaks down again and we subsequently dont decide to sign him then no other club is going to touch him with a bargepole and certainly not for the big fee that they can expect to get at the minute given how high is stock is after his loan spell here

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or if the ankle hasn't reset properly, is he staying behind to have some form of corrective surgery?

I was told by my "SAUCE" yesterday that the Lua Lua deal is "imminent" and that it is just taking a bit of time. I would fully expect him to be heading off to Portugal with the squad and if not, certainly be joining by the start of the season. Worrying thing is, he said the Lansbury deal is a bit more unlikely what with Premiership interest and all yet it is certainly not dead in the water, as illustrated by the Craig Mackail Smith signing. Exciting times, Lua Lua will be a great capture.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never given up on it, and I STILL think he'll end up here one way or the other. It just always seems to take ages with this fella, but I reckon we'll bag him.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was told by my "SAUCE" yesterday that the Lua Lua deal is "imminent" and that it is just taking a bit of time. I would fully expect him to be heading off to Portugal with the squad and if not, certainly be joining by the start of the season. Worrying thing is, he said the Lansbury deal is a bit more unlikely what with Premiership interest and all yet it is certainly not dead in the water, as illustrated by the Craig Mackail Smith signing. Exciting times, Lua Lua will be a great capture.

Interesting, cheers.
What about Woodgate? Did your "Sauce" have any news on that one or is it now dead in the water?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I've never given up on it, and I STILL think he'll end up here one way or the other. It just always seems to take ages with this fella, but I reckon we'll bag him.

I agree - my worry is that the second stint might turn out to be a bit like Mickys...

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
It was in the chronicle

Jul 6 2011

I can believe three out of those four names, but I wouldn't imagine they'd want Best to leave. Here's hoping we get KLL though.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
If he goes on a free the insurance wouldn't be a big deal at all, especially if he signs a short term contract to prove his fitness etc.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Has your SAUCE been reliable before? What you say sounds believable and also exciting...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
for the money the deal will no doubt involve, i hope he doesnt do that no matter how good lualua is
certainly not for the big fee that they can expect to get at the minute given how high is stock is after his loan spell here
Why is there no doubt the deal will involve a lot of money? His loan spell was good here, up to the point where he got injured. If he's got injury problems, that will obviously affect his value to all clubs. Newcastle will have to let him go cheaper than they had previously planned, and we'll be in the same boat as other clubs that would consider buying him - there's only so much anyone would want to spend on an injured player.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I agree - my worry is that the second stint might turn out to be a bit like Mickys...

technically this will be his THIRD - he is entering carole territory now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here