Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty Scheme

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Hi all!

My name is Tae and I am currently in my 4th and final uni and I am currently writing my dissertation (such fun)

From my time working, I developed an interest in loyalty and I have decided to look into current loyalty programs within English football clubs.

I wanted to gather some thoughts..what do you make of the current loyalty scheme? Is it something you use regularly? If not, what would you change about it?

So, if you could please offer a few minutes of your time giving your thoughts that would be much appreciated :D

Many thanks,

Tae
Why did you go to 4 different uni's?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm all up for Uni bods doing their research, but they could at least interact and acknowldge those who have bothered to reply and enchance their projects with the information requested.

Sadly, this looks like another one post wonder

Even by today's student standards it reads like a lazy attempt at research.

I'd be interested to see how the finished dissertation reads if NSC's responses are typical of the responses gained from other club's boards. If Tae manages to manufacture a decent thesis from the thin responses posted on here then a career in journalism awaits.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As someone who goes to most away games and is a STH I have never failed to get a ticket for a match I wanted to go to.

If that is some kind of measure then I think it works.

However as others have said it is very hard to get a system that works for everyone, but this one ticks a lot of the boxes.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Go to more away games.. it does what it says on the tin.. rewards loyalty

I am fully aware of the reasoning for the loyalty scheme and in general I agree with the need for a scheme when limited tickets are at a premium.

Unfortunately I have not been able to attend any away games this season due to reasons beyond my control this does not make me a bad fan indeed previous seasons since the 1970s I have always attended a number of away games each and every season plus I have been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham (only missing one game), Withdean and The Amex but this counts for very little, I think the Club could consider some lifetime points to reflect this

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think those that have been season ticket holders since The Goldstone and were there for the entirety of Withdean should have a different coloured season ticket so we get ultimate respect at the turnstiles on match days.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I am fully aware of the reasoning for the loyalty scheme and in general I agree with the need for a scheme when limited tickets are at a premium.

Unfortunately I have not been able to attend any away games this season due to reasons beyond my control this does not make me a bad fan indeed previous seasons since the 1970s I have always attended a number of away games each and every season plus I have been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Gillingham (only missing one game), Withdean and The Amex but this counts for very little, I think the Club could consider some lifetime points to reflect this

Didn't say you were a bad fan...I think the scheme is right to reward fans that are ST holders and regularly go to away games. They should NEVER miss out on big away games to people that don't usually go away!

I saw at least 2 people at Boro away last year that NEVER went to an away game last season apart from that one.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think it's pretty much as fair as it can be right now. Maybe the prawn sandwichers getting the extra is a little bit of a question, but as it stands it works pretty well and those who deserve, get.

Any of the (alleged/possible/rumoured) changes should we ever get promoted in the near or distant future should be evaluated, carefully considered and dealt with in a sympathetic manner to maintain credibility.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Your dreaming mate its about the new money now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hundreds, if not thousands, of us can all say the same though. I think the current system is fine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:shrug:

What is your definition of 'lifetime'?

My 16 year old has had a ST for 12 years of his life. He's more 'loyal' than you, if you want to play those games.

The current scheme is perfectly fair - and I say that as someone in the same boat as you - STH for 20 years or more, but rarely go to aways these days, and (rightly) no chance of a Villa ticket.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't be an arse 1901 members have to commit to 5yrs whereas STH's only commit to 1 season at a time :wrong:

Yes! That is very true. But then you have to be considerably richer to be able to make that 5 year commitment in the first place.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I think it made it to the second bracket, but sold out very quickly in the second bracket. My MK Dons loyalty points were added overnight before the 9am second bracket for Brentford so I bought tickets at about 8am with no problems.

You're right. Brentford went to the second bracket as I've already said in this thread. It started at what, 1150? I still don't have 1150 and I got a ticket - although that was through manically whacking the refresh button on the page from about 8.40am until the button turned gold!

It sold out quickly that morning, none of my mates got one. Think I read on here that people were complaining on the albion Facebook page that they "couldn't get a ticket even though they were ST holders".

Right-o so Brentford have a 22k away end now do they? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here