Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty points

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Has anyone heard what the plan is for this season regarding points? Do we keep last seasons? etc

Just in case I missed it somewhere

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
in theory a non season ticket holder that attended say 20 home games would have 200 or more points then gets 1000 points for becoming a season ticket holder this season, that would put them on a higher points tally than someone that went to the extra cup games and some away games, to me that would be an utter binfest of magnitude scale for this season. (i guess we will get points for renewing our season tickets)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
in theory a non season ticket holder that attended say 20 home games would have 200 or more points then gets 1000 points for becoming a season ticket holder this season, that would put them on a higher points tally than someone that went to the extra cup games and some away games, to me that would be an utter binfest of magnitude scale for this season. (i guess we will get points for renewing our season tickets)

Or look at it another way, they were being loyal to the club paying £30 each for home games, more than a ST, as well as attending away games and cup games. Totally new ticket holders of course would only have 1000 points now, so wouldnt be a binfest.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Or look at it another way, they were being loyal to the club paying £30 each for home games, more than a ST, as well as attending away games and cup games. Totally new ticket holders of course would only have 1000 points now, so wouldnt be a binfest.

I see what your saying (personally a season ticket holder has committed to the club regardless if they could attend or not so that is no less loyal than someone paying game by game), but if they also keep their points, that is potentially 15-17k on 1100 or more points (last season it was probably 10-12k starting with 1000).

with some games being a 2k allocation

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think next season everyone should have 1000 + 10% of what they finished last season with.

Why ? I've earned my points. Soaked at Withdean for years, Continued being a STH in the first season at the Amex, suffered away at Coventry, Liverpool, Watford and West Ham, travelled miles to to places like Middlesborough and Blackpool, went to all the cup games blah, blah. I don't want my points reduced so that someone who hasn't done that "feels they have a chance". f*** em.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Why ? I've earned my points. Soaked at Withdean for years, Continued being a STH in the first season at the Amex, suffered away at Coventry, Liverpool, Watford and West Ham, travelled miles to to places like Middlesborough and Blackpool, went to all the cup games blah, blah. I don't want my points reduced so that someone who hasn't done that "feels they have a chance". f*** em.

with you there

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what will new STH get then if it just carries on ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That is the very definition of loyalty. Did anyone miss out on any high profile games last season for not having enough points? There were tickets for sale on Nsc for some of the popular games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think next season everyone should have 1000 + 10% of what they finished last season with.

10% is harsh - I'd say more like at least 50%.

Or each loyalty point could have a lifespan of maybe 3 years, and expire after that.

There is a need to keep loyalty pointage somewhat current, rather than a reflection of ancient history I reckon, but a fair balance needs to be reached.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Keep last seasons points for this season, as you will be buggered if you get a big game so early on. And then next season (2013/2014) remove the 11/12 season points and then so on.

Of course that would exclude the 1000 STH points, they will remain regardless.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As far as I can see anyone who was a STH at Withdean should always have an extra point allowance to those that did not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here