Votes: 8 6.2%
  • SEASON LONG BAN & A MAHOOSIVE FINE & VISIT TO SHRINK

Votes: 47 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If I bit someone at work - i'd get sacked.

Probably, but you would still be able to do the same job somewhere else. Footballers that are banned can't get a job in their trade as they are universally banned. Not suggesting he shouldn't be, but only pointing out why there might be limits in place regarding length of ban.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He needs to stop playing football and get some psychiatric treatment, he is a nutter.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Where to start....
Firstly is it that difficult to spell someone's name correctly?
Secondly why as BHA/England fans do we care THIS much about this bloke to start about 6 threads a day on him?
Thirdly has the UK nanny state finally won? Are most footie fans now hand wringing, finger wagging, holier than thou old women?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Where to start....
Secondly why as BHA/England fans do we care THIS much about this bloke to start about 6 threads a day on him?
Thirdly has the UK nanny state finally won? Are most footie fans now hand wringing, finger wagging, holier than thou old women?

So we don't have any interest in any team other than England at the World Cup?

Righto

Do you now accept there is quite clear evidence that this actually happened?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
So we don't have any interest in any team other than England at the World Cup?

Righto

Do you now accept there is quite clear evidence that this actually happened?

You are missing my point. It's not we should not be interested at all but why are there about 6 new threads a day on this?
I accept he bit him. I put it in the same category as spitting - disgusting but not likely to end someone's career. So whatever you get for spitting should be about right here, x 3 due to continued offences.
It is open to debate whether this offence is worse than breaking someone's leg with a two footed tackle, which carries a 3 match ban. From memory someone like Lee Cattermole has been sent off about 5 times now for potential leg breakers, does his ban increase each time = no. That thug Shawcross almost ended Ramsey's career and has been sent off for similar 'tackles' since, yet he hasn't been sent to Broadmoor.
Some perspective would be great.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You are missing my point. It's not we should not be interested at all but why are there about 6 new threads a day on this?
I accept he bit him. I put it in the same category as spitting - disgusting but not likely to end someone's career. So whatever you get for spitting should be about right here, x 3 due to continued offences.
It is open to debate whether this offence is worse than breaking someone's leg with a two footed tackle, which carries a 3 match ban. From memory someone like Lee Cattermole has been sent off about 5 times now for potential leg breakers, does his ban increase each time = no. That thug Shawcross almost ended Ramsey's career and has been sent off for similar 'tackles' since, yet he hasn't been sent to Broadmoor.
Some perspective would be great.

I'd have to agree. I've said the same, I'd take a Suarez bite everyday of the week over a Shawcross / Macmanaman / Cattermole tackle. Maybe even over a Zidane head butt, or even a Rijkaard flob into my hair, or having my gonads squeezed by Vinnie Jones….It seems football has become quite hysterical over a bite to be honest.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Lugano told the BBC: "What incident? The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation."
Mujica, 79, a former guerrilla fighter and political prisoner, added that Fifa should not use television evidence to retrospectively punish players.

Chiellini pulled down his shirt to display what appear to be bite marks on his shoulder
"I didn't see him bite anyone and, in football, I was taught that you obey what the referee says," Mujica said.
"If we're going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you'd have to give that weren't given, so bad luck."

Mujica said the striker should be judged solely on his football ability and questioned why he should be held up as a behavioural role model.
"We didn't choose him to be a philosopher, or a mechanic, or to have good manners," he said. "He's a great player."

Well he got one thing right. "He's a great player"

Ban at world cup and a few more qualifying games is enough punishment - people really go overboard at times

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
:shootselfDisqualify the whole team from the World Cup, he will become a national disgrace.

Anyone remember what happened to the Colombian defender that scored an own goal at Italia90

His name was Escobar and it was in USA 1994 he scored the own goal. Was shot dead when he returned home

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Where to start....

We all have opinions on things or is it just yours that count ?
Also there isn't too much to talk about BHA wise at the moment is there ? so I thought I would start this plethora of Anarchy to really annoy spods like yourself, and as for finger wagging (bit odd ) do you have nothing better to do than point out spelling errors ?

Oh and have you ever kissed a girl ? hmmmm or a boy even ? (trying to be PC here ) in case of chastisement by the Lefty Brigade??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports