Votes: 10 11.0%
  • Idiot Tax

Votes: 22 24.2%

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You may all think I`m mad but I would not like to win that much. £5k,£50k great. £57m no thanks.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
We will all chip in and get some tickets for the draw. Reckon between my team we will get a fair few.

I have long thought though that the lotto is fixed for this exact reason and will draw more people in. It wouldn't be that hard to do. I probably just don't trust people enough

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who gets to sit next to Rosa?

Well at least they'd get two meals.

And please could I sit next to HT - then he can re-educte me on politics whilst taking a snapshot of my food.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Blimey, I'm surprised 2/3rds of people (so far) will be buying a ticket. I always assumed it was about 0.1% of the population.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why are people who don't normally buy a ticket going to buy one now?!

You're not more likely to win so that can't be why, was the chance of winning however millions it was before not worth the effort or price of a ticket too much risk, but now it's 50 million it's a sound investment?!

The logic of some people!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why are people who don't normally buy a ticket going to buy one now?!

You're not more likely to win so that can't be why, was the chance of winning however millions it was before not worth the effort or price of a ticket too much risk, but now it's 50 million it's a sound investment?!

The logic of some people!

The EV is better though, if not the chances of winning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Towards the end of last year Lotto increased its choice of numbers to 59 or something, increasing odds to 1 in 45m.
Why? What was wrong with 1 in 14m (or whatever it was)?

This Saturday is over 55m and is capped, meaning the 5+bonus ball (1 in 7m) could win the jackpot.
Thanks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You may all think I`m mad but I would not like to win that much. £5k,£50k great. £57m no thanks.

I was in a discussion about this the other week. You're not alone: there was pretty much universal support for the idea that winning £57m would be more trouble than it was worth - although all of us would have been happy with a million

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was in a discussion about this the other week. You're not alone: there was pretty much universal support for the idea that winning £57m would be more trouble than it was worth - although all of us would have been happy with a million

More than happy to take the other £56m off your hands if you win. I will do my best to overcome the problems involved in spending/investing it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's funny how £1m is now a 'get by' amount.

One generation ago Littlewoods Pools entire business plan and success was based on the potential of winning as much as £1m.

Now it's the amount you take when you don't want to appear greedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here