Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost the passion?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In what way would they be different as we are already, how many clubs showcase a band outside pre-match and how many other clubs encourage people to remain at the stadium post-match to drink ?

I was referring to the heavily corporate approach and PR machine with non stop spin really. Sure there are differences in terms of how the club try to deliver the match day experience. Cardiff are good in this respect too with innovative ideas in and around the ground, they also changed the colour of their kit despite fans protests.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was referring to the heavily corporate approach and PR machine with non stop spin really. Sure there are differences in terms of how the club try to deliver the match day experience. Cardiff are good in this respect too with innovative ideas in and around the ground, they also changed the colour of their kit despite fans protests.....

I don't like the corporate crap either, probably as I have to put it with exactly the same shit daily at work but sadly this is the reality now in football.

So, out of interest, what do Cardiff do that is different ?

Feb 14, 2010
This wont be popular on NSC but I think the link up with Harveys to supply a proper local ale is something that is way in advance of most other clubs. From a distance it seems the club is very well run but the problem rests with a coaching staff who decided to spend £2 Million on CMS instead of paying Murray and recruitment mistakes last summer. I also noticed two ex Brighton kids playing for a high flying Bournemouth. All that is down to the self professed "football people" not chairman, fans or for that matter Barber.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This wont be popular on NSC but I think the link up with Harveys to supply a proper local ale is something that is way in advance of most other clubs. From a distance it seems the club is very well run but the problem rests with a coaching staff who decided to spend £2 Million on CMS instead of paying Murray and recruitment mistakes last summer. I also noticed two ex Brighton kids playing for a high flying Bournemouth. All that is down to the self professed "football people" not chairman, fans or for that matter Barber.

I believe the link up with Harvey's resulted from a small number of supporters - you know who you are - pleading and pleading and pleading that this should happen. The club was very doubtful but eventually agreed and will now be grateful they did.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Last night was depressing not the least because at no time did it ever look like were going to score and the match comes after many games this year which have been truly disappointing, with perhaps three exceptions. Together in 15/16 seems very hollow after this season and like many folk I just can't wait for it to end, assuming we are safe, which I think we will be. Hardly looking forward to Tuesday night at all, and if my mate cries off, then I will too. The striking situation must be the worst ever experienced and I have followed the Albion 55 years.

However, I think it is also fair to say that we are being very fickle. This has not been the only depressing season and I can recall similar low points at the Goldstone when we did not have so many loan players, and the corporate rubbish that we now have. Football tends to go round in circles and an astute summer transfer window could change everything, and the enthusiasm will return, as it has done repeatedly over the years. Great mistakes were made last summer - we all know that - and out of the gloom will hopefully come more optimism. I am prepared to put this season to rest, but if, however, we start in September with more loans and cheap alternatives, meaning another struggle to stay in the league, then this will cheese me off totally. Given the expiry of the 1901 deals in summer 2016 and that the purse strings under FFP are loosened, I would expect a greater outlay, though it is not my money and of course all too easy to say that TB should spend mightily. An interesting and defining summer awaits us!

Agree.

If the season ticket renewals are about 20k, then I think Bloom & the Board have been let off the hook this season.

I think that this good will is now fragile and continued mismanagement of player recruitment & perceived lack of ambition will see a much quicker & uglier response from those who continue to back the club with their hard earned cash.

The question people are already asking (who have renewed) is "if Bloom & the Board aren't backing the team then why should we?".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am 100% with The Henfield One and anyone who thinks it's about being shit for one season has totally missed the point.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
If you knew the OP and what he's done for this club, you wouldn't call him stupid, entitled or a whinger.
I know exactly who he is and about his agenda. Human nature is to relish being needed and appreciated. The world has moved on. Not a crime on his part but a bit stupid to come on here and whine about losing his passion.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I have to agree with the comments about the shortcomings of the "football people" at our club.

Very worryingly a friend at last nights game was scathing about the approach the club takes with the youth development. Words like nepotism & influenced were used about certain boys being selected or overlooked by the club. No personal agenda from my friend other than hoping that the £30m spent by Bloom isn't going to be wasted due to this. He's not the only person I've heard this from.

Let's hope their wrong eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Many of us knew the season would be a complete write off by the beginning of October. Bad decisions sometimes have a domino effect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know exactly who he is and about his agenda. Human nature is to relish being needed and appreciated. The world has moved on. Not a crime on his part but a bit stupid to come on here and whine about losing his passion.

I honestly believe you are way wide of the mark with that statement as I have never really seen the OP ever having a specific agenda bar his passion for the club.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I had a thought yesterday that maybe we did it on the cheap this season to save up some cash to have a real big go next season . with the 1901 renewals up maybe bloom was hoping to tread water this season before having a big blast next season.. Anyone else thought this or am I just hoping?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had a thought yesterday that maybe we did it on the cheap this season to save up some cash to have a real big go next season . with the 1901 renewals up maybe bloom was hoping to tread water this season before having a big blast next season.. Anyone else thought this or am I just hoping?

We apparently didn't do this season on the cheap. Allegedly this is the most expensive ever Albion squad so it was all just a BIG **** up on the recruitment front. Not holding my breath that next season will be any better as it needs Bloom and Barber to admit that we got it so wrong this season. What are the chances of that?

Barber was even quoted as saying we could have won every game this season just before Hyypia walked, as a reason to keep him on. Clueless on the football front however good he is at making/saving money for Bloom.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
59 years I have been following the Albion and I have seen some real crap, but it was played by MY TEAM, who I loved and would follow anywhere, but I feel the same as the Henfield One. It no longer feels like my club any more.

Summed up perfectly !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here