Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost the passion?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe how many of you agreed with the OP. We had a bad season, it doesn't mean the club don't care or that the players don't care. Most of the players that have given us a good start to this season were here last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe how many of you agreed with the OP. We had a bad season, it doesn't mean the club don't care or that the players don't care. Most of the players that have given us a good start to this season were here last season.
There's always a twinge of cringe inducing panic when there's a bounce like this, luckily, for once, I seemed to have dodged a bullet with this one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's always a twinge of cringe inducing panic when there's a bounce like this, luckily, for once, I seemed to have dodged a bullet with this one.
It was a bad season. I get that some people had lost their mojo. I'm just surprised by how many here agreed.

I've just had a look through the thread - you came through with flying colours - a shining light in a sea of piss stained mattresses.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great bounce.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
The original post just demonstrates the kind of negative mindset that many of us, if not all of us were in just a few short months ago. It also demonstrates how far we've come. I think it's a little unfair to drag this thread back up and put one person on the spot when there are hundreds of other similar threads from back then that we could just as easily do likewise with. I don't think any of us could see the turnaround in our clubs fortune coming this fast, and I for one would have most likely agreed with the OP back in April, obviously I don't now. Just shows how quickly things can change in football.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The original post just demonstrates the kind of negative mindset that many of us, if not all of us were in just a few short months ago. It also demonstrates how far we've come.
We've hardly done much since April. Same chairman, same ceo, same manager, we've just had a good transfer window, a lack of injuries and a good start to the season. If those that agreed with the OP still feel the same way, then fair enough, each to their own. Those that have changed their mind surely appreciate how fickle and short sighted they were being (and I'm not saying that's the worst crime in the world, but get a grip people).

I think it's a little unfair to drag this thread back and put one person on the spot
I don't think it puts one person on the spot, because so many agreed with him. I've nothing against the OP posting his thoughts, as you say, many others posted about their dissatisfaction.

I don't think any of us could see the turnaround in our clubs fortune coming this fast
We finished in the playoffs the two seasons before last, and we might not make it this year - we've only played 5 games, it's hardly a miracle.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Glad I didn't respond at the time... gives me the opportunity to say... the OP is a lightweight! ;-)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I did not post in this originally, but if I said my Albion mojo was not low at the end of last season, it would be a big fat lie. I hoped it was temporary.

Being at the top of the league is helping, but the biggest thing that has made me feel connected to the club again is the way it conducted itself during last weeks tragedy. The genuine hurt they felt, the compassion and help they gave to the local community was outstanding. "Together" I thought was just another marketing thing, but the club has shown they mean it. I know what ever happens going forward this season I am bloody proud of this club. I am really sad though that it took such a tragic and cruel thing to happen for me to see it.

I hope that when the club goes through a tough time again we remember and support them as they have the community.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How easy to be smug in hindsight
BTW we have played 5 games out of 46

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How easy to be smug in hindsight
BTW we have played 5 games out of 46
No hindsight here. Called it as self-indulgent twaddle at the time. We had a bad season on the pitch - all the crap about the club going to the dogs was crap then and is crap now.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Aren't you confusing him with Lenny Rider?

Yes I am Lord B. I realised that almost immediately after I'd posted it. Can't be arsed to change it now. I seem to remember he had similar feelings towards the current state of the club, or have I got that wrong, too?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes I am Lord B. I realised that almost immediately after I'd posted it. Can't be arsed to change it now. I seem to remember he had similar feelings towards the current state of the club, or have I got that wrong, too?

Nope, you were bang on and I & others called him on it (Harty that is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here