[Brighton] Lost buiildings of Brighton?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Drs of Madness supported someone at The Dome too. Be-Bop Deluxe maybe?

gettyimages-657374216-1024x1024.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Were they backed by the Dr's of Madness that night.?...I liked them, and I know I saw them at the Suite

....I have seen Drs of Madness three times (once at the Suite.... once at the Dome (they were supporting Bebob Deluxe - that was a laugh as 200 15 year old female Bill Nelson fans shat themselves when Kid Strange started reading from Naked Lunch in the darkness before they burst into 'Waiting')...... and once somewhere in London

Saw them a few years back at the Prince Albert - Kid + Urban Blitz + two newbies. They were great.
I didn't see them in 76/77.* Attila and I went to see them at the Marquee, thinking it would be easy to get in, but Dave Vanian had just joined them and the Damned fans flocked to see him - so we couldn't get in. They were one of my favourite bands back in the day - still listen to them now.

Seeing as this thread has segued into a Doctors of Madness appreciation thread I may as well throw in my own recollection. I have a very vivid memory of the Bebop Delux gig at the Dome when they were supported by Doctors of Madness but only by proxy because I never actually went.

My sister however was one of the screaming 15 year olds referred to by HWT. I'm not sure she was particularly a fan of Bebop Delux herself, nor for that matter of Bill Nelson, but her then boyfriend (John) was an avid fan and he dragged her along.

Despite my own lack of personal connection to Bebop Delux, Doctors of Madness or indeed that particular gig,* for some reason which I am unable to explain it has always been deeply ingrained in my memory even down to the detail of who the support band was, and ever since my sister's attendance at that gig I always held a mild fascination for Doctors of Madness which I never fully explored...

Anyway after the passage of around 45 years since that Dome concert which I never attended, and prompted by your musings I thought I would waste no further time and decided to see if there was any live footage of the Doctors, and I was intrigued to find this somewhat bizarre duet they did with Twiggy of all people on her TV show in 1975 which was the Doctors' TV debut. They also performed a song without the addition of Twiggy's dulcet tones. Now that I've finally got my finger firmly on the pulse you can listen to both performances here...

*https://youtu.be/DHCvi0C48mY

*https://youtu.be/LSI3Xt4fpqY

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seeing as this thread has segued into a Doctors of Madness appreciation thread I may as well throw in my own recollection. I have a very vivid memory of the Bebop Delux gig at the Dome when they were supported by Doctors of Madness but only by proxy because I never actually went.

My sister however was one of the screaming 15 year olds referred to by HWT. I'm not sure she was particularly a fan of Bebop Delux herself, nor for that matter of Bill Nelson, but her then boyfriend (John) was an avid fan and he dragged her along.

Despite my own lack of personal connection to Bebop Delux, Doctors of Madness or indeed that particular gig,* for some reason which I am unable to explain it has always been deeply ingrained in my memory even down to the detail of who the support band was, and ever since my sister's attendance at that gig I always held a mild fascination for Doctors of Madness which I never fully explored...

Anyway after the passage of around 45 years since that Dome concert which I never attended, and prompted by your musings I thought I would waste no further time and decided to see if there was any live footage of the Doctors, and I was intrigued to find this somewhat bizarre duet they did with Twiggy of all people on her TV show in 1975 which was the Doctors' TV debut. They also performed a song without the addition of Twiggy's dulcet tones. Now that I've finally got my finger firmly on the pulse you can listen to both performances here...
Tremendous work.

Here is another live track. They were a messy sounding band but quite charming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVXK7iFrF4

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Has post #122 completely escaped both your attentions?[/QUOTE

I did see your ticket, I was answering a question about where I saw them, which I took to be directed at me, simply stating that I know it wasn't the Dome, because I know I saw them at the Apollo.
The Dome gig was someone else's night.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Has post #122 completely escaped both your attentions?[/QUOTE

I did see your ticket, I was answering a question about where I saw them, which I took to be directed at me, simply stating that I know it wasn't the Dome, because I know I saw them at the Apollo.
The Dome gig was someone else's night.

It was mine! Regretfully I disposed of all of my correct tickets circa 1982 /3. Something that I've always regretted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports