Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Well RDZs comments after the game about maybe losing both of these was a huge dampner after such a high.
I always thought we’d lose one but not both

Aug 1, 2006
surely not a surprise though - both destined for CL on a perm basis. We are good and can get better but surely they could play at the truely highest level and tripple (or 10 times) wages. Just need to get used to it and move on to lovin the next lot :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
will leave a massive hole to be filled. Should be 120m + into the kitty ,

Wonder if we will be tempted to spend on a proven replacement.

I'd take top 10 next year without them if it was offered. ( if we have to lose them)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No one knows yet.

If someone puts in a 90m+ bid for caciedo then unfortunately we will sell.

Maccalister almost certainly going. As we all know.

As de zerbi says we need to be prepared to lose both.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought it was refreshing he said it to be honest. We all know one or both are off.
I've had both leaving at 90%+ chance since the January window.

But, yes, this. His whole approach is refreshing. He's not afraid to say we deserve to win games, he's not afraid to say we deserved to lose a game - thankfully he doesn't have to say that very often - and he's not afraid to state we are aiming for Europe. There's none of the usual cliched "we'll take one game at a time" bollocks.

Last edited:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm fully 100% expecting them both to go. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't and one or both stay, then that would be nice. I refuse to get stressed by this next transfer window, accept they've gone already, and the rest of the window should be stress free.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Mac I will miss as he’s our history maker but I think Caicedo is the much bigger loss and the much more valuable and hard to replace player.

If we get europa league would he stay with a pay rise? If we qualify for the EL I do think Bloom has to consider altering the wage structure slightly, much as I know he’s probably earning enough already, Moises deserves to be paid to match his ability, I’d pull all the stops out to keep him.

If Moises does leave I just pray it’s to PSG or Real Madrid and not Arsenal or Manchester United, two of the most imbecilic fan bases going don’t deserve a player like that.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Probably get shot down in flames for this, but……. I feel he said it as a challenge to them, basically saying look what you will miss out on. He knows there is a good chance they will leave But I felt it was a bit of a call out. If you don’t want it, someone else will. Worth a try right?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd be gutted to see Caceido go, but he is so bloody good the chance of us getting an offer we cannot refuse is surely very high. I've been resigned to Mac leaving for a while and had made my peace with that. Moises would be a blow though.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I've had both leaving at 90%+ chance since the January window.

But, yes, this. His whole approach is refreshing. He's not afraid to say we deserve to win games, he's not afraid to say we deserved to lose a game - thankfully he doesn't have to say that very often and he's not afraid to state we are aiming for Europe. There's none of the usual cliched "we'll take one game at a time" bollocks.
He continues to be everything Graham wasn't, and at the same time shows he's leagues ahead in the EQ stakes. It's incredible how much of a favour Chelsea actually did us. There has literally been no man that has done more to shift the mentality of this club (fans, players, and management) so steeply. He is already a legend and it will take some beating to ever find a better manager imo.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
in the ridiculous world of football wages Moises is being totally under paid in terms of his ability, work rate and potential.

That is why he will leave.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He continues to be everything Graham wasn't, and at the same time shows he's leagues ahead in the EQ stakes. It's incredible how much of a favour Chelsea actually did us. There has literally been no man that has done more to shift the mentality of this club (fans, players, and management) so steeply. He is already a legend and it will take some beating to ever find a better manager imo.
There's an argument for Gus in this. But your point stands. Chelsea did us a massive favour

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think if we qualify for CL, then a better chance at keeping both.
If Europa then I think that helps as they will only go to a CL team (one would think) so eliminates Spurs/Chelsea etc., might be able to keep 1.
If we don't make the above then I suspect both will be gone.
However not all bad as that means we won't have those European games so "strength and depth" (tm) aren't as crucial so full on to next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll reiterate my guess:

Mac Allister - nailed on to leave. He'll go for around £75m to the club of his choosing, probably Liverpool.

Caicedo - could well be here for another season. We will sell him only for an eye-watering amount (over £100m), which rules out all but Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd. If that doesn't happen, I reckon we'll give him *another* improved contract to see him out for the remaining year we expect of him.

It has always seemed that the club won't stand in the way of career progression once they've done their bit here. Caicedo has been here for just 1 season, hence the premium on the club letting him move. After 2 seasons, I guess the club would let him go for something lower than absolute top dollar.

Don't forget we're also losing Colwill. Can we really afford to lose all 3 and not expect an alarming drop off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here