Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lorent Tolaj

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not long ago took interest in all the so called signings of stars for future. Now have lost all interest and dont know what happens to them. Either signings are poor or we dont handle situation well. Only ones who have got near first team.is Connelly who doesnt look good enough and Alzate who seems to have Gross,Propper,Lalana and now White ahead of him. All of the good youngsters from abroad seem to just disappear. Something is wrong when watching Brentford the other day and the 17 year old left back lives in Patcham.
Lets hope Sanchez makes the grade but apart from him cant think of one other youngster from abroad that has looked anywhere near first team.

I would also add to the comment that other have made by saying that Sanchez now is surely more than a prospect. He's indisputable first choice, in the PL, makes us saves which are getting us points.

Without the academy we'd have had to have gone and bought a goalie like this. It would have been very expensive.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Stars signed for the future include Sanchez, White, Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Tau, Moder, Karbownik, Khadra, Walton, Sanders, Zeqiri, plus Weir and Jenks who were on the bench against City. Other than them, I'm struggling too although appreciate not all are from abroad. Nonetheless, they were all signed as stars for the future, one way or another. Caicedo may well be another if we get it over the line and I defy anyone not to be exited by him as a prospect who would potentially soon move up to first team ready.

I know it was championship but March was signed aged about 18, had a year in in the reserves (or whatever), next season mainly came on for a few minutes at the end of games, next season hit by injuries, became established over the next 2 seasons,

Now 108 Premier League appearances, near the top of many people's player of the season list. What would it cost to replace him? I'd guess more than we're in a position to pay. That's got to justify a couple of years worth of intake of 'ones for the future'.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's players 'for now' that we should be concentrating on trying to sign, players that are Premier League ready, and can help keep us in this division.

Like Werner, Haller, Brewster, for example? Players don't generally come in and make a difference straight away; AK was the exception that proves the rule. Vardy hardly featured for Leicester in his first season; Biss has taken a couple of seasons to get up to speed. We overly obsess with finding some player who 'could do a job' or banging on about proven strikers in our desire to find instant solutions. It is something of a lottery as to whether new players fit in, and find form.

We wont be signing anyone noteworthy; we deal with what we have. Eventually a youngster will come good...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not long ago took interest in all the so called signings of stars for future. Now have lost all interest and dont know what happens to them. Either signings are poor or we dont handle situation well. Only ones who have got near first team.is Connelly who doesnt look good enough and Alzate who seems to have Gross,Propper,Lalana and now White ahead of him. All of the good youngsters from abroad seem to just disappear. Something is wrong when watching Brentford the other day and the 17 year old left back lives in Patcham.
Lets hope Sanchez makes the grade but apart from him cant think of one other youngster from abroad that has looked anywhere near first team.

yep correct

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm at the Eastleigh game and it's harsh on him his first job was pick the ball out of the net! Has done OK otherwise, Eastleigh haven't worked him much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We get to see him as a striker now.
Why? They've been using him as a CB since he arrived.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why? They've been using him as a CB since he arrived.

No idea. You would have to ask their manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here