[Albion] 2023-24 Loanee Tracker Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Championship:
Rushworth starts, but Ayari and Sarmiento both bench-warming.
League 1:
Beadle, Leonard and Turns all starting, but Weir on the bench for Blackpool.
SPL:
Sima got half an hour - Rangers fans warming to him a bit now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both Ayari and Sarmiento brought on at 69 minutes! Blackpool getting a pasting at Lincon, finally bring on Weir for the last ten minutes.

Not ours any more, but our former PL2 forward Laurent Tolaj apears to be playing in the centre of defence for Aldershot in the National League.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Both Ayari and Sarmiento brought on at 69 minutes! Blackpool getting a pasting at Lincon, finally bring on Weir for the last ten minutes.

Not ours any more, but our former PL2 forward Laurent Tolaj apears to be playing in the centre of defence for Aldershot in the National League.
I caught Ayari's appearance - thought he looked very good indeed playing as a "no. 10". Set up a couple of Coventry players for shots in fairly quick succession (at least one of which the striker should probably have scored). And then he ... had a shot himself from his own half! (after a breakaway from defending a corner).
If I was a Coventry fan I would have been well impressed.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Marc Leonard with another MOTM performance in our 0-1 win at Cheltenham. Sincerely hoping there is no January recall option 🤞
Just had a quick look on the Northampton forum too.

Rave reviews, saying Leonard has gone up a level in his play quality since last season and his ability to dictate play and select a pass from deep midfield is his most valuable attribute.

Very encouraging to hear, I wonder whether he’ll be able to make the grade quickly enough to join the first team or if he’ll end up being sold to a Championship club where he can continue to steadily improve Gyökeres style. One of the problems of youth development at the level we are now operating at.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Has he been MotM in all your games this season?
All bar two I think! Players of his quality on the ball considering his age and lack of competitive experience prior to him joining us in L2 are very rare indeed at our level. We’ve had a handful down the years who have stood out a mile (Kyle Walker league debut) that have gone on to have solid top flight careers..really hope it’s the same for ML.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Just had a quick look on the Northampton forum too.

Rave reviews, saying Leonard has gone up a level in his play quality since last season and his ability to dictate play and select a pass from deep midfield is his most valuable attribute.

Very encouraging to hear, I wonder whether he’ll be able to make the grade quickly enough to join the first team or if he’ll end up being sold to a Championship club where he can continue to steadily improve Gyökeres style. One of the problems of youth development at the level we are now operating at.
He seems to be improving almost game by game..would be great if he could get some Championship experience with us but sadly think they may be a touch optimistic!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tough move. Bottom of the league with 38 year old Curtis Davis at the back.
Good luck Cam!
Didn't do Weir too much harm last season (bottom of the league, that is - not Curtis Davis AFAIK).

Good luck Cameron - I might even hop on a bus to go and watch him if it's a nice day, maybe in the Spring.

Dec 29, 2011
From WBA forum

"Sarmiento! Class. Did really well to put us on the front foot then after a bit of a mess and what looked a clear foul. Eventually he gets back up and smashes it past the keeper."
Sarmiento should smash the Championship. What a great signing for WBA.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Bare in mind Daniel Mândroiu is absolutely destroying that league.
Leonard looks very promising but it's a very long way from there to the top end of the Prem.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Latest update - two days to go!

Albion players out on loan, season 2023-24.

Yasin Ayari
- on loan at Coventry City (Championship);
James Beadle - on loan at Oxford United (League 1);
Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 1);
Andrew Moran - on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
Odel Offiah - on loan at Hearts (SPL);
Cameron Peupion
- on loan at Cheltenham Town (League 1);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Swansea City (Championship);
Jeremy Sarmiento - on loan to West Bromwich Albion (Championship);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 1);
Jensen Weir - on loan at Blackpool (League 1).

Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands));
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga);
Deniz Undav - on loan to VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga).

Any more to move yet - Furlong, Hinshelwood, Samuels, Alzate perhaps? Any others?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Latest update - two days to go!

Albion players out on loan, season 2023-24.

Yasin Ayari - on loan at Coventry City (Championship);
James Beadle - on loan at Oxford United (League 1);
Marc Leonard - on loan at Northampton Town (League 1);
Andrew Moran - on loan at Blackburn Rovers (Championship);
Odel Offiah - on loan at Hearts (SPL);
Cameron Peupion
- on loan at Cheltenham Town (League 1);
Carl Rushworth - on loan at Swansea City (Championship);
Jeremy Sarmiento - on loan to West Bromwich Albion (Championship);
Abdallah Sima - on loan at Glasgow Rangers (SPL);
Ed Turns - on loan at Leyton Orient (League 1);
Jensen Weir - on loan at Blackpool (League 1).

Kacper Kozlowski - on loan at SBV Vitesse Arnhem (Eredivisie (Netherlands));
Kjel Scherpen - on loan to Sterm Graz (Austrian Football Bundesliga);
Deniz Undav - on loan to VfB Stuttgart (Bundesliga).

Any more to move yet - Furlong, Hinshelwood, Samuels, Alzate perhaps? Any others?
Some decent loans there, in terms of the clubs we've secured for our youth.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
On our club website is a short feature about Sarmiento and his early days at WBA. The highlights clip of the last game is about 6 mins from the WBA site - what I like about it(in comparison to our highlights of matches) is that the commentary seems to be have been recorded live - a bit like if we had Johnny and Warren’s commentary over our highlights - personally I think it sounds much better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports