Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Gus - A word of advice from a ex-England manager

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Ooofff awkward. Trying to make a point about being a manager then calling Sparrow a holding midfielder. Kinda discredits your whole post
Okay slip of the keyboard. Hold my hands up! Get over it. Sparrow obviosuly isn't a holding midfielder, I meant to say Vincealot.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Glad you got it out of your system, I should think. Back in the real world, Gus doesn't give two hoots what you think. Neither does Tony Bloom nor Taricco nor Oatway.
Well done for stating the bleedin obvious.

You obviosuly do though. Its a fan forums, where fans can chat. Thats the point of NSC.

Should we not discuss it.

Maybe we should start a petition to Bozza to only allow positive thoughts, and an instant life ban to anyone who doesn't give 10/10 rating on the ratings thread.

I thought this was England, not f***ing North Korea.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't care. Really, I don't. I am so chilled right now. I just think you've got big issues if you get so worked up about what Gus is doing wrong.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how Gus would have done without a Tony Bloom with deep pockets?

He's a good manager, but still a long way to go to get beyond that.

I have a real question about some of his signings, particularly loan signings (why did we sign that South American goalie?), and his team selection is often bizarre. As the OP said, why play no wingers when you have three very good ones on the bench and you finally decide to play two strikers?

Our inability to score goals away from home is a big worry. In fact our overall goal-scoring performance this season has been poor. And that is after spending how much on two strikers (Hoskins and CMS)? I also strongly believe he didn't give Hoskins an opportunity to show what he can do.

We are in 7th place because we have an excellent defence, not for any other reason.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have ben waiting all season for our outstanding wingers to be given the chance to really take the game to the opposition and give us a hatfull of goals, now we are out of the promotion race give us a rousing finish to the end of season.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I wonder how Gus would have done without a Tony Bloom with deep pockets?

He's a good manager, but still a long way to go to get beyond that.

I have a real question about some of his signings, particularly loan signings (why did we sign that South American goalie?), and his team selection is often bizarre. As the OP said, why play no wingers when you have three very good ones on the bench and you finally decide to play two strikers?

Our inability to score goals away from home is a big worry. In fact our overall goal-scoring performance this season has been poor. And that is after spending how much on two strikers (Hoskins and CMS)? I also strongly believe he didn't give Hoskins an opportunity to show what he can do.

We are in 7th place because we have an excellent defence, not for any other reason.

We managed to win league one without spending much money, so I don't buy the whole Bloom idea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that our biggest downfall has been the number of times we have started well and our wingers have had the beating of the full backs for the first 10 =15 mins but then we have eased off and let them off. The classic being against Southampton Portsmouth and I think it was Derby were a full back got a yellow card early and then we never capitalised on it and played against them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here