Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for an Albion fan from the LGBTQ community

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Wikipedia attempts to describe it better...

'Queer' is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities who are not heterosexual or not cisgender. Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar", queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, queer scholars and activists began to reclaim the word to establish community and assert an identity distinct from the gay identity. People who reject traditional gender identities and seek a broader and deliberately ambiguous alternative to the label LGBT may describe themselves as "queer".

*Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people whose gender identity matches the sex that they were assigned at birth. Cisgender may also be defined as those who have "a gender identity or perform a gender role society considers appropriate for one's sex".

In other words, a deviation from the binary 'male' or 'female' with arbitrary traits of gender identity, irrespective of their gender assignation at birth. This is not the same as transgender, which is more specifically someone living as the binary opposite of their birth gender assignation.

Wow, now I'm confused lol.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Even if there wasn't a clear reason the magazine wanted a LGBTQ writer(which there is), I still would find it BIZARRE that the non-LGBTQ would somehow feel 'excluded'. :lolol:

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
If the gay lad I'm friends with (virtue signal activate) is anything to go by he's not bothered about the gay "scene" and is happy posting shirtless pictures of himself on Facebook and Instagram. I'm also sure he would be emabrassed with people feeling the need to jump to his defence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow, now I'm confused lol.

Really? I thought it was perfectly clear.

If anything, it's a kind of catch-all term which largely mops up the rest of society who don't identify their gender in any binary way. That said, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head as as an example or role model to whom I could point to and say 'that person identifies with being queer'.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was so much easier when you were either gay,straight or bisexual

All the other ones seem to fall into the category of “not sure” or WTF?

Genuine question, if we have equality and there is no difference (apart from different sexual preference) why have a gay writer writing about football wouldn't it be the same as a straight person talking about football and why, when and how would the writers sexuality even come into it?? Or am I missing something, equality is equality Shirley?
:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here